"Pathway" installation issue for Win 10

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

"Pathway" installation issue for Win 10

Postby shredded » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:47 pm

Hey guys. No matter what installation directory I choose to install Dune 3 in, I get the same issue, "You must enter a full path with drive letter; for example C:\APP". I get this error no matter if I use default/custom/otherwise installation paths or whether I select/deselect which VSTs to install etc. Im pretty certain its a bug and I can't for the life of me figure it out. Im on a time critical project and I can't install my own product! Help!
shredded
Novice

Re: "Pathway" installation issue for Win 10

Postby Teksonik » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:41 am

I don't remember ever seeing anyone else report this issue and I have never experienced it either so don't think it's a bug.

Where are your other VSTis installed ? Pointing the installer to that location doesn't work ? Are you using the latest version 3.07 and are you using the NKS or Non-NKS version ?

EDIT: I just downloaded and ran the latest NKS installer and it worked fine. Here is how the paths look here:

D3 031819-1.png

Maybe download and try the installer again ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby shredded » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi there. Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have tried the NKS version, the non-NKS version and the demo version and I seem to have the same issue.

My default VST folder is D:\VSTPlugins (the Drive name is Cubase D:\ and even trying to include the unnecessary FULL name of the drive doesn't yield any success) and I don't seem to have any issues installing anything else to this location. My default library storage is E:\ plugins (all standard harddrives). But whether I install to same, or different folders, I get same message.

Pointing the installer there doesn't work, using the default settings (which point to other harddrives entirely) doesn't work and I've downloaded all three installers three times each and I seem to get the same issue?

Im genuinely confused! Please see attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shredded
Novice

Postby Marcin » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:09 pm

Please put any folder after the drive's letter to the 32-bit plugin path (for example "E:\Folder", insead just "E:\").
That should fix it.
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Return to Bug Reports