Gsonique activation issues due to orion key bindings

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Gsonique activation issues due to orion key bindings

Postby suneel » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:15 pm

G-Sonique plugins cant be activated because

1. you cannot copy serial + email from notepad and paste it into the vst text field for activation. The paste does not work.
i assume it has something to do with copy paste of notes in the piano roll, due to which text cannot be pasted

2. If one tries to type the serial and email manually, you are stuck again because orion does not allow entering the @ symbol either.
suneel
Guru

Re: Gsonique activation issues due to orion key bindings

Postby Kriminal » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:35 pm

Ive done this several times by right clicking mouse in text field and selecting paste. Worked fine.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby piel » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:10 pm

You still can activate it in other hosts i guess and use it in Orion as a workaround.
piel
Regular

Postby suneel » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:26 pm

Kriminal wrote:Ive done this several times by right clicking mouse in text field and selecting paste. Worked fine.
bullshitting as usual. it was also tried by the creator and he agreed the same.
suneel
Guru

Postby suneel » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:27 pm

piel wrote:You still can activate it in other hosts i guess and use it in Orion as a workaround.
i don't use rewire, so it wouldn't work for me. G-sonique sent me custom dll with my user name/serial in it.
suneel
Guru

Postby Teksonik » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:57 pm

suneel wrote: it was also tried by the creator and he agreed the same.

God tried it ? :shock:

But seriously you don't have another host to use for authorization ? Yes it's a workaround but I don't think you'll see a fix in Orion anytime soon........it might be your only alternative.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:05 am

Another way to paste text, instead of using CTRL+V and right clicking where that's possible (some plugins have rather customized fields for authorization, like LinPlug's plugins), is using Shift+Insert. That works sometimes. I can't say if it works with Gsonique plugins or not, I don't have any of them to test it with.

But it's all good if you got it sorted out :)
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:07 am

suneel wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Ive done this several times by right clicking mouse in text field and selecting paste. Worked fine.

Right.....so all my synths run in demo mode because that method doesnt work :roll: :roll: :roll:
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby piel » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:09 pm

suneel wrote:i don't use rewire, so it wouldn't work for me. G-sonique sent me custom dll with my user name/serial in it.

I ment activate in another host one time and use it in Orion. No need for reWire. never heard about a vst or vsti which needs to be activated in a specific host.
piel
Regular

Postby suneel » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:34 am

HYPNAGOGIA wrote: is using Shift+Insert. That works sometimes
that did not work, but thanks for the suggestion.

piel wrote:I ment activate in another host one time and use it in Orion. No need for reWire. never heard about a vst or vsti which needs to be activated in a specific host.
oh ok...good advice will try it on the other FSQ plugin. i got pultronic activated thru a custom supplied dll. All this mess arising from transitioning xp to win8 after 8 years!
suneel
Guru

Postby Mark » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:41 am

suneel wrote:

This reply was unnecessary, Kriminal does appear to be genuinely trying to help you here.
Mark

Postby Teksonik » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:53 am

suneel wrote: All this mess arising from transitioning xp to win8 after 8 years!

Just another example of why I'm clinging onto WinXP for dear life.......reinstalling and reauthorizing all my plugins gives me nightmares...... :lol:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby suneel » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:25 pm

Mark wrote:
suneel wrote:

This reply was unnecessary, Kriminal does appear to be genuinely trying to help you here.
the reply was apt. he was giving false information as usual. Several times in the past when i post a bug he counteracts by saying it works fine (trolling). As an admin you should have known that, but you didnt.

Now coming back to this issue, i don't think you read my post or perhaps had some difficulty to understand what i wrote. In short it is impossible to activate G-Sonique plugins namely Pultronic and FSQ1964 in Orion as confirmed by Lukas Zahurancik. If you have any further doubts please contact Lukas Zahurancik from G-Sonique. I hope you understood what i had to say.
suneel
Guru

Postby Kriminal » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:34 pm

suneel wrote:the reply was apt. he was giving false information as usual.

Wrong, yet again. Nearly all my stuff is authorised this way, its fast and easy. I didnt say it worked with whatever you were trying to authorise, it was just a suggestion as you didnt mention that you had tried it. Hope thats simple enough to understand.
Last edited by Kriminal on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Mark » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:13 pm

suneel wrote:
Mark wrote:
suneel wrote:bullshitting as usual. it was also tried by the creator and he agreed the same.

the reply was apt. he was giving false information as usual. Several times in the past when i post a bug he counteracts by saying it works fine (trolling). As an admin you should have known that, but you didnt.

Now coming back to this issue, i don't think you read my post or perhaps had some difficulty to understand what i wrote. In short it is impossible to activate G-Sonique plugins namely Pultronic and FSQ1964 in Orion as confirmed by Lukas Zahurancik. If you have any further doubts please contact Lukas Zahurancik from G-Sonique. I hope you understood what i had to say.

As an admin I know and have dealt with a lot of the crap you two have thrown. In this case and on the face of what I have seen written, you are wrong.
Mark

Next

Return to Bug Reports