Antidote RE broken via upgrades

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Antidote RE broken via upgrades

Postby starship » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:28 am

I don't know when it happened, but sometime in the last 3 months, I highly suspect that an upgrade to your Antidote RE was screwed up.

One of my songs is corrupted, in fact all versions, all backups, so that I have to redo a lot of the devices. I don't have the heart right now to fix this, and am kind of angry that I have to deal with this after putting my music down for a few months and then having all of my files be broken.

It sounds like clipping or buffer problems or something, distorted. It is not necessarily easy to hear unless you really turn it up OR, like I did, run it into something that amps it a lot.

If I copy a patch and paste it into another Antidote, it will still be messed up. If I redo the settings, it will be fine.. I think. I suspect the Antidote is now noisier than before, but these problems are also happening so it is hard to know now if it ever actually sounds right. The original patch was a built-in with the waveforms changed to something else. That's it. Just that is corrupted in all of my files for this song.

I have multiple songs using the Antidote, and now suspect some of them sound dirtier. One in particular was amped up a lot and so I could tell.. and it then went through a distort unit that amplified the effect.

Please fix this. And figure out how it happened. I am fairly sure that this exact scenario is one of the main reasons why the RE SDK and process for vetting upgrades and devices exist, so as to avoid this ever happening. One other user I found on the prop user forums was maybe experiencing this. I just turned on my copy of Reason 6.5.1 a few days ago and found out. I did upgrade to 6.5.3 and all of my REs are upgraded. This was messed up with a previous upgrade, which I then upgraded to the most recent upgrade (talking Antidote versions). I had upgraded sometime in the past 3 months I guess, without then listening to my music, and when I came back to it, it was messed up. Still is.

I have had to deal with this kind of thing before in small doses, but this time the problem is harder to fix somehow. I thought all I had to do was make a new device and then re-do the settings manually, which is very much a pain in the ass for a whole album worth of songs, but even that wasn't really working reliably for the one song I've had the heart to try to fix so far.

So basically, I don't even know if you CAN fix this as far as making an upgrade. But how did this happen? Because I'm fairly sure something was changed in the upgrading process... maybe you intended to? I did some RE development, I know some of the ins and outs. It's been a while but basically even if that was intentional, please don't do it.

Thank you.

reason 6.5.3, windows 7, plenty of cpu and ram, full buffer settings, and AFAIK nothing else changed in Reason, and I have a lot of REs.
starship
Novice

Re: Antidote RE broken via upgrades

Postby Richard » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:28 pm

Can you send us the project that is broken? Note even if Antidote seems to be the problem it's still possible something needs to be changed on Reason's end or in a different RE, so we'll get in touch with Propellerhead or the respective developers about this issue once we know more. Either way we'll need the project file in order to reproduce the issue (we don't need the entire project of course, just the relevant part).

Note that the last change in Antidote (v1.2.1) was related to the Gate/CV inputs only. The sound should be exactly the same ever since Version 1.0.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Return to Bug Reports