Crackling Dune 2.2 + Cubase 8

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Crackling Dune 2.2 + Cubase 8

Postby BoerniH » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:03 pm

Hello everybody !

first .... happy new year !!

this is my first post, I've just bought Dune 2 :D

Now, in Cubase 8 this problem with Crackling, when multithreading is ON, still exists ... unfortunately ;-(

If I play only with one instance of Dune 2 (nothing else) with MT on, for example I paly only 1 note with "Byzantine Pad RL", the Crackling is here very quickly ! the "average load" is lower then 5%, but the "real-time peak" goes to 100% immediately and the crackling is extremely high !!!

If I turn the MT OFF, I can play any chords I want (active voices 45-55 of 64), without any crackling and the average load and even the "real-time peak" is never more than 30% !

something must be wrong with MT on Dune 2, this problem I d'nt have with any other synth .... and I have a lot :lol: (U-HE's, Nexus, Tone2's, Omnisphere, Spire, Codex, Native's, Arturia's etc etc)

I can use more then 10 instances of DIVA with MT ON and Diva need a lot of power :D + 5 instances of Zerbra 2, a Nexus, a Omnisphere, a Spire and a Nemesis + Machine Studio for the Drums, in the same project, together !!! without any problem or crackling .... and the average load is never more than 70%

My System: MB Asus X-79DL, 6-Core i7-4930K, 32GB 1600MHz CL9 Ram, 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD + 2 x 6TB HD's, Radeon R9 290, Windows 8.1 64.
Sound/ASIO: RME Fireface UCX
USB: Machine Studio, KRONOS X, Virus TI2, NI Komplete S61, Arturia Minilab, Blofeld
Midi: some of my old Analog Snyth's ;-)

is there really no solution to use MT with Dune 2 ?

all the best and thanks for any ideas
Boerni
BoerniH
Novice

Re: Crackling Dune 2.2 + Cubase 8

Postby BoerniH » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:26 pm

Hi again,

I did another test. How many Dune's can run until the system starts with Crackling ... there are 6, all with a different patches and all without MT :wink:

then I've tried to start other Synths (Nexus, Zebra, Alchemy, etc.) .. in addition to the Dunes. Unfortunately this does not work, even though the system is far reaches the limits. I think the system is busy about 15-20% (look at the Printscreen), also checked in the resource monitor. With 5 instances of Dune 2.2, i can use 1 other Synth without crackling :lol:

Kind Regards
Boerni
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BoerniH
Novice

Re: Crackling Dune 2.2 + Cubase 8

Postby dimapet » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:36 pm

+100500
dimapet
Novice

Return to Bug Reports