about the noise , new discovery

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Unknown sound source

Postby cr7skills11 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:20 am

I was fooling around with the osc mixer , turned everything down, for example on the demo patch, Bahamas, all oscs , ringmod, noise down, It still produced sound , then i turned the ring mod up and it sounded exactly the same. can someone help ? i just bought this i dont want to find its full of bugs

and another question on the drums tr snare, everything is turned down by default so where is the sound coming from ???
cr7skills11
Novice

Bug in the amp envelope

Postby cr7skills11 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:36 am

the level function, there is a noticable lag when turning it off all the way , the sound remains , until you dial it up and dial it down again.
cr7skills11
Novice

OSC mixer broken

Postby cr7skills11 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:48 am

with the amplitude envelope all the way up, turning down all the osc , rm and noise, alot of sound still remains,

for example, amp level at full, all oscs and rm down to 0, noise all the way up, I still hear the osc's notes ! except they are muffled .

please fix this , and as i mentioned in a nother post attempt the level function does not work properly either if you turn it down all the way there will still be sound, i had to turn it up and down multiple times to get zero sound ,

this makes me worry if the the oscs , rm , and noise will mix properly .

i even reinstalled it i dont know what to do.
cr7skills11
Novice

Very bad bug

Postby cr7skills11 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:56 am

Can I get a refund, i dont want to wait a year for the bug i reported to be fixed, the whole mixer and amp level function is not working properly. this is very dissapointing.
cr7skills11
Novice

Crap sorry my bad, not a bug!!

Postby cr7skills11 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:01 am

i just noticed the mseg had something to do with it I FEEL LIKE A MORON!!!

but if you could publish my first question about the filters i would appreciate it thank you.
cr7skills11
Novice

tr snare

Postby cr7skills11 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:07 am

everything down, and mod matrix clear, i still here noise, maybe i was on to something where in gods name is it coming from
cr7skills11
Novice

about the noise , new discovery

Postby cr7skills11 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:20 am

i turned messed with unison voices and with the buttons that say all 1 - 8 and the noise dissapeared once the amp level was at zero ,

shouldnt the osc mixer and amp level control all sound emition completely , i dont understand this routing at all.
cr7skills11
Novice

Re: about the noise , new discovery

Postby Cinebient » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:00 am

You have set it to all (under the glide knob) if you want to control all voices. When it's set to 1-8 you just change the parameters of this one voice. Dune 2 is like a 8 part multi-timbral synth.
It can be a bit complicated at the beginning but once you figure it out this synth is deep like hell.
But of course reading the manual should answer most of the things you need to know. It's well written.
Sadly, Dune 2 has no proper visual feedback of modulations etc. so you won't see outside the mod matrix what's happening behind! So even when you turn down all voices you could hear something when it's modulated....

However, the sound from Dune 2 is fantastic!

(.... sadly official support is rare here).
Cinebient
Regular

Postby cr7skills11 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:00 pm

Thank you so much!!! Im coming from the Yamaha an1x hardware synth so i guess my expectations were biased on how synths generally operated.

Also sorry to everyone for posting so much it was 1 am and i was spazzing out.

:dance:

Also to my 2 other first questions. Is pulse width mod, called "spread" or "density" "amnt" in the osc tweek section or is it just pulse width mod , but only tweekable in mod matrix ? thanks.

And just to clarify, I can only use one filter for the whole patch ? should i assume opening 2 instances for complex patches is no different than the An1x's "dual" mode ?

thanks.
cr7skills11
Novice

Postby Cinebient » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:42 pm

cr7skills11 wrote:Thank you so much!!! Im coming from the Yamaha an1x hardware synth so i guess my expectations were biased on how synths generally operated.

Also sorry to everyone for posting so much it was 1 am and i was spazzing out.

:dance:

Also to my 2 other first questions. Is pulse width mod, called "spread" or "density" "amnt" in the osc tweek section or is it just pulse width mod , but only tweekable in mod matrix ? thanks.

And just to clarify, I can only use one filter for the whole patch ? should i assume opening 2 instances for complex patches is no different than the An1x's "dual" mode ?

thanks.

You can have for each of the 8 voices an own filter. Also you could use up to 2 filters per voice when using the effect slot to the right (or left if you want) of the filter.
Means you could use 16 different filters on one patch! You just have to watch out not to activate the "all" button if you just want to edit voice 1-8. Otherwise you change every voice to the same.... happens still often to mee :D
In general you can set every paramer for each of the 8 voices independent.
Then you have 2 FX routings and one arp which you can turn on for some voices and for some of.
You can set of course the density in the OSC section. You can set the density f.e.(up to 32!) via click on the number, hold it and scroll up or down. Same for the other parameters where you see numbers. Further Dune 2 has some unique ways of tunings which mosts other synths don't have.
Of course everything is modulatable too!
Sorry for my bad explantation since english is not my mother language.
No problems if you have still any questions.
Cinebient
Regular

Postby cr7skills11 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:08 pm

Thank you I cant wait to see how dune 2 evolves in the future.
cr7skills11
Novice

Postby Cinebient » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:13 pm

cr7skills11 wrote:Thank you I cant wait to see how dune 2 evolves in the future.

Me too :mrgreen:
Give me sample import and wavetable editor for it and it would be my Nr.1 in a heartbeat! (At the moment my current Nr. 3 synth).
Cinebient
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:22 pm

One synth cannot do everything, ever. If you dont like what it currently does, dont buy it.

You have to be a total idiot to buy a synth on the off chance it will eventually become the 'best ever in the world'

If you buy something, you quite literally 'get what you paid for'
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:13 pm

I'm still hoping for a new Synapse instrument that takes DUNE 2's Unison Engine, 8 Layers, effects, etc and adds .sfz support. I don't think it should be DUNE 3 but a completely new and separate product. Sort of a marriage between DUNE 2 and Zampler. The technologies obviously already exist in the Synapse toolbox so I think it should be possible.

Have no idea if it will ever happen but I think it would be a hit........... :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:34 pm

The more complex stuff gets, the less interest i have in it. (Yeah yeah...blah blah)
I would prefer a really good update to the sampler. (Never gonna happen) Better than Sampler2, thats a poor update imo.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Next

Return to Bug Reports