DUNE2 re-read preset folders/structure

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

DUNE2 re-read preset folders/structure

Postby dapo1985 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:45 pm

Hi guys,

I am working on a live performance where I am running 20 DUNE2 simultaneously in Ableton Live. Everything works like a charm except for one thing. When editing presets name outside DUNE2 (so in Windows Explorer or Finder) there is no way to refresh the preset folders and lists in DUNE2. I first would have to remove all the 20 instances of DUNE2 and then reload them again. Being able to update preset folders and lists inside DUNE2 without having to restart my DAW every time I change something would save me tons of time and frustration. Is there any way how I can achieve this? Also would building in something like this be really hard? The function should be there already because on start DUNE2 has to load the preset structure anyways.

Thank you for your help!
dapo1985
Novice

Re: DUNE2 re-read preset folders/structure

Postby Richard » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:27 pm

We'll check, but iirc the preset loading is shared between instances, to speed up loading projects with many instances. This would make syncing the changes between instances difficult. Out of curiosity, why not just save and reload the project after you manually renamed files or directories? Should be a few clicks, no need to manually add/remove 20 instances.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Re: DUNE2 re-read preset folders/structure

Postby dapo1985 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:36 am

Richard wrote:We'll check, but iirc the preset loading is shared between instances, to speed up loading projects with many instances. This would make syncing the changes between instances difficult. Out of curiosity, why not just save and reload the project after you manually renamed files or directories? Should be a few clicks, no need to manually add/remove 20 instances.

Thanks for your reply. Closing and re-opening kills the workflow, as it takes minutes before I can continue working where I left off, and I would have to do this tons of of times during a session. My Live project can be seen as a massive digital instrument where I am using program change messages to change presets within preset banks in DUNE2. It is important that presets are in the right order (by means of naming) so they get selected properly with each program change message. I have to shift presets from one DUNE2 instance preset bank (a folder in Windows or Mac) but then they won't show up in the list. My work-around right now is to just use the same names (000, 001, 002, 003...) for every preset bank so I can shift those presets around however I want, but the downside is that without listening to them I have no clue what actual preset they are.
dapo1985
Novice

Return to Bug Reports