Dune2 lose track of wavetable name

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune2 lose track of wavetable name

Postby hlrf » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:59 pm

I use self-made wavetables in Dune 2 a lot, and occasionally when a project is saved and reloaded, Dune 2 forgets the wavetables name and directory. The wavetable used is actually loaded and played back flawlessly, it's just the UI name slot appears blank (pic below), and scrolling up/down with mouse wheel won't bring it to nearby wavetables in the same directory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hlrf
Novice

Re: Dune2 lose track of wavetable name

Postby ufo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 am

I think there was an issue with file name lengths.
Try Savin a copy with a shorter name and see if that reloads correctly.

Peace
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

Postby Christophe » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:33 pm

or the number of wavetable, try to organize them in sub folder
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby hlrf » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:41 pm

Hi, thank you for looking into this, my tables are already in sub-folders and never used over-sized filenames.

Attachments are a Renoise 3.1 project file saved three times with same settings (only using Dune 2 v2.5 Mac VST), only different in which tab is opened at saved state (see below), the instance of Dune 2 has both oscillator 1 and 2 loaded with wavetables (path should be "/PD/pd1_cos.wt" and "/PD/pd2_cos.wt"), the tables are using full 64 slots and is fairly large so I'm not uploading them for now.

Interestingly I found that it's always the oscillator tab that's been hidden (not opened in the saved state) lost track of wavetable names, respectively:
saved state Osc.1 page opened -> Osc.2 wavetable name missing
saved state Osc.2 page opened -> Osc.1 wavetable name missing
saved state Osc.3 page opened -> Osc.1 Osc.2 names are both missing

...so that really looks like some conflict at UI tab-level when:
1. an oscillator's using wavetable,
2. the table's in a sub-folder (not sure about this one),
3. the Osc tab is hidden,
then after it's been saved and re-loaded, when you open that Osc tab again the wavetable name may appear blank.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hlrf
Novice

Postby hlrf » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:05 pm

Another test, this time saved to .fxp with Reaper.

Dune2 VST, initialized patch, Osc1 and Osc2 both loading a fake wavetable (a Default.wt copy renamed and placed to "/a/b.wt").
Saved three times with Osc tabs opened respectively, re-loading the .fxp resulting (on my system):

saved state Osc.1 tab opened -> Osc.2 wavetable name missing
saved state Osc.2 tab opened -> Osc.1 wavetable misnamed to Default
saved state Osc.3 tab opened -> Osc.1 misnamed to Default, Osc.2 name missing
hlrf
Novice

Postby Marcin » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:00 am

Ok, we can reporduce the issue. We will try to fix it as soon as possible. Thanks for the report and tests.

Quick workaround for the issue, for now, is to switch to the voice 1 and back to "ALL". This operation should update displays.
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Return to Bug Reports