Dune2 and hyperthreading

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune2 and hyperthreading

Postby eric1965 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:27 am

Hi there,
I've just purchased a new computer so that I could make the most of my plugins, namely because my former machine was too weak to withstand several instances of Dune2 in my DAW. The manual says that multithreading should be engaged in Dune2's UI to avoid hearing cracks on some presets. However when doing so, I still could hear some crackling sounds whereas the CPU and memory was still way below the CPU's headroom. At some point, I decided to deactivate multithreading and voila! all the cracks disappeared and presets sounded correctly. How is it that multithreading should eventually be deactivated to make these pops disappear, since it should be the other way around?
thank you
Eric
eric1965
Novice

Re: Dune2 and hyperthreading

Postby Christophe » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:39 am

which DAW are you using ?
i heard that Cubase and Dune2 multithreading are not playing nice :(
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Re: Dune2 and hyperthreading

Postby eric1965 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:01 am

I use Samplitude Music Studio 2017. I've even ended up thinking that the labels on and off were just reverted :D
Anyway since I've come up with this workaround, it's no big deal but maybe it's something worth sharing with other Dune2 users :wink:
Eric
eric1965
Novice

Return to Bug Reports