MIDI Learn not working in Dune2

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: MIDI Learn not working in Dune2

Postby trebeta5 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Mark wrote:No harm in trying!

Have you thought about using some intermediate software to remap CC#11 from your pedal to CC#111? I realise that might be a bit of a pain, but at least you wouldn't have to convert each and every preset!!

As you say, this is really painful ;-)
OTOH, remap my expression pedal to something unusual as CC#111 is not an option since all other software synths are using CC#11 as standard expression->volume controller.

Well...
trebeta5
Novice

Postby Christophe » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:08 pm

Mark wrote:Just a quick check with my MIDI controller shows that the following are hard coded and won't work:

1, 2, 4, 11, 32, 64, 120, 121, 123.

Everything else should work, unless I missed some out whilst testing.

i don't understand to what CC11 is hard coded ?
i see that CC10 blink the midi led inside Dune2 but not CC11, why ?
i see it like a bug :oops:
in logic pro there is a midi tool call transformer, it allows you translate midi CC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h_mXpfqz6o
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby trebeta5 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:40 am

Christophe wrote:
Mark wrote:Just a quick check with my MIDI controller shows that the following are hard coded and won't work:

1, 2, 4, 11, 32, 64, 120, 121, 123.

Everything else should work, unless I missed some out whilst testing.

i don't understand to what CC11 is hard coded ?
i see that CC10 blink the midi led inside Dune2 but not CC11, why ?
i see it like a bug :oops:
in logic pro there is a midi tool call transformer, it allows you translate midi CC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h_mXpfqz6o

Thanks for the hint.
FYI, I'm a Logic beta tester since day ONE (even Notator back in the 80's) so there's not much I don't know about this app.
Using the transformer in the environment is a) a per project solution so has to be created or imported for each project, and, b) in projects containing far more than 100 instrument tracks where the volume is controlled by standard CC#11 remapping just one single instrument to CC#111 is not an option for me.
trebeta5
Novice

Postby Richard » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:06 pm

Linking Breath, Foot & Expression (CC11) controllers to any knob will be possible in the future. Note that after linking one of those controllers to a knob, this will disable their functionality in the modulation matrix (which is the reason they were excluded).
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby trebeta5 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:08 am

Richard wrote:Linking Breath, Foot & Expression (CC11) controllers to any knob will be possible in the future. Note that after linking one of those controllers to a knob, this will disable their functionality in the modulation matrix (which is the reason they were excluded).

This is great news, thanks very much !!
There are some details reg. CC learn I'd like to clear up.
From the DUNE manual; ’Once you close Dune, the changes will be made persistent and apply to any future instance of Dune’.
1) It's not enough to close the DUNE UI, the plugin has to be re-instantiated to apply the CC changes to future DUNE instances in the current project.
2) To apply the changes to other existing instances the project has to be reloaded.
3) It's possible to assign multiple CCs to the same DUNE parameter, this will lead to CC conflicts.

Are these details expected?
trebeta5
Novice

Postby Richard » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:00 am

1/2) Yes the MIDI settings are global and picked up by an instance when it is opened. So when learning MIDI controllers, either learn them on one instance or simply close/reopen a project after you're done with MIDI Learn, such that all instances know about the learned MIDI controllers.

3) We could clean other previous assignments, true. Note there's also the "MIDI Forget" option which cleans all assignments for a knob.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Previous

Return to Bug Reports