Dune 2 and Digital Performer 9.52

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune 2 and Digital Performer 9.52

Postby jsg » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:14 am

Dune is causing all kinds of MIDI instabilities with DP9.52 including hanging notes, wrong patches and volumes and dropped notes.

Does the newest version address this?

Jerry Gerber
jsg
Novice

Re: Dune 2 and Digital Performer 9.52

Postby Kriminal » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:22 am

have you tried the newest version?
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby jsg » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:08 pm

Am about to do that this morning...
jsg
Novice

Postby jsg » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:16 pm

What I have found is that the 64-bit Dune 2.6 plug in is causing all kinds of midi issues including wrong patch changes in other instruments, stuck notes, missing notes and wrong volumes.

But when I inserted the 32-bit version of Dune 2.6 the problems seem to be all gone, must do further testing today but I think I have found, after 4 long days of troubleshooting that the 64-bit version of Dune 2.6 and Digital Performer 9.52 for Windows are not playing well together. I have spoken to tech support at MOTU and I know they would like to be in touch with Synapse Audio to try to resolve it.

Best,
Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com
jsg
Novice

Postby Richard » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:04 pm

MOTU was kind enough to provide us Digital Performer (64-bit) for testing purposes, we also send them DUNE 2 to test.

At first glance DUNE 2 works fine here, when played via MIDI, doing patch changes etc (being new to DP we have not tested larger projects with other instruments yet but we can try that of course). If you have a simple test project that immediately fails in some way that could help us reproduce the issue.

One question, are you sure you are using the 64-bit version of DUNE 2 inside Digital Performer (64-bit) and not the 32-bit version bridged?
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby jsg » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:16 am

I apologize.

The problem wasn't with software nor hardware, totally user (my!) error. DP was set with "Multi" off (where DP gets its midi input). The input read "any". I hid the input information in the track view and forgot about it. But when I examined the mixer view, I could see that "any" had actually meant that somehow midi data being sent to my other computer (via midi over LAN) was being seen by DP as input to a soft synth, to Dune! I cannot believe I made such a mistake, uh, yes I can. When I switched "multi" on, I could then CHOOSE to limit midi input on every midi track to my attached keyboard, the way I want it and thought it was. This resolved all the midi problems that had me changing cables, reinstalling drivers, and not finding the real issue until many other fixes were attempted. I'm sorry for wasting your time.

Dune is great, it's solid as a rock and the patches are among the best I've ever used. It is also a joy to program, I love this synth! Thanks for creating it!

Best,
Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com
jsg
Novice

Postby Richard » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:25 pm

Glad to hear the issue is solved :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Return to Bug Reports