Automation bug when exporting audio in Reason

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Automation bug when exporting audio in Reason

Postby musicmmi » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:46 pm

In my current Reason project I use The Legend RE for my bass line. Filter Envelope Amount and Filter Envelope Decay are automated with automation lanes. When playing the song in realtime, everything sounds fine. But when I export the song to an audio wave file, the first played note from The Legend sounds wrong - as if someone turned up the filter resonance for this first note. After that, the rest of the notes sound fine. I always thought that exporting audio uses the same routines as playback, so I wonder what kind of bug this is? Is The Legend behaving wrong? Or does Reason some misterious things? I'm using the actual Reason 10 on Windows 10 64bit.
musicmmi
Novice

Re: Automation bug when exporting audio in Reason

Postby Richard » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:25 pm

Could you send us the song file perhaps? If it is a larger project, we only need the track with The Legend in it. Then we could check it out in detail :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby musicmmi » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:28 am

Hi Richard, thanks for your quick replay. I stripped down my project to include just the beginning of my bass track. So I'm able to attach it to this reply. I also attached my exported audio, converted to mp3, just in case your export should sound different. You can clearly hear that the first note sound some kind of different in the exported file.
Thanks for your investigation, Marco
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
musicmmi
Novice

Postby musicmmi » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:24 am

Hi Richard... a month is over and still waiting for a reply. Any news?
musicmmi
Novice

Postby Richard » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:47 am

Yes, it is fixed. The changes made just need to be accepted by PH and then the update will be published on their servers.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby musicmmi » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:42 pm

Nice too read.... Danke Dir vielmals, freue mich auf das Update.
musicmmi
Novice

Return to Bug Reports