Baffling volume behaviour issue of preset 'Autumn Water ARK'

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Baffling volume behaviour issue of preset 'Autumn Water ARK'

Postby NextDAW » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:56 pm

When I load this particular preset from it's factory default location, there are no problems and the preset is as loud as it normally is:

...\Documents\Synapse Audio\DUNE 3\Soundbanks\DUNE 3 Factory\Keys\Autumn Water ARK

However, when I save this exact same preset to another folder, for example:

...\Documents\Synapse Audio\DUNE 3\Soundbanks\+Faves\Autumn Water ARK

Regardless of whether I save the preset using DUNE 3's own internal GUI or simply copy and paste the original preset to the new folder (via Windows File Explorer) ... upon reloading the duplicated preset within DUNE 3 (from the new location), the volume of the preset playback is extremely quiet (and barely audible) when compared to the original.

If I then reload the same preset once again from its original Factory location, the volume immediately returns back to normal.

This is the only preset that I have encountered exhibiting this utterly baffling behaviour (so far).

Question: How can saving a completely untouched, identical duplicate of this preset to a different folder location (that is still located within the main DUNE 3 'Soundbanks' folder, exhibit such different volume behaviour upon loading?

Tested using:
DUNE 3.4 (VST3 64-bit), FL Studio 20.8.2 [build 2247] (64-bit), Win 7 SP1 (64-bit).

Attached FL Studio (.flp):

Attached FL Studio 20.8.2 project file, demonstrating the different volume behaviour. The same preset was loaded into separate instances of DUNE 3.4 (64-bit VST3) from two different preset folder locations. The first preset was loaded from the default factory folder. The second preset (an identical copy) loaded from a custom preset folder.

NOTE: I disabled and disconnected all external MIDI devices I have before running this test, to eliminate any possible interference from them as a factor.
NextDAW
Novice

Re: Baffling volume behaviour issue of preset 'Autumn Water

Postby Richard » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:50 am

Hi NextDAW & welcome to our forum! :)

I tried this in FLStudio but could not reproduce the issue you describe. My guess would be it is something FLS specific and not related to the patch, since the filename of a patch is not relevant to its contents or loading behavior at all.

Note the current version of DUNE 3 is v3.55 (which I used for testing the above), we recommend to take advantage of the free update especially if you are using the VST3.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Teksonik » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:52 pm

NextDAW wrote: FL Studio 20.8.2 [build 2247] (64-bit), Win 7 SP1 (64-bit).

Also the latest version of FL Studio is 21.0.3.3517 so if you seek support from Image-Line they're probably going to tell you to update. Updates are free for life and version 21 has brought some nice new features so it's definitely worth installing. You can install it alongside of version 20.8.

I ran the test here and did not experience what you're reporting either. I don't see a way to download the .flp you posted (am I just missing it?) but can you look and see whether the volume has changed in DUNE 3 (from the main Vol knob etc) or in the Channel Rack/Mixer in FL Studio?

If I can find a way to download your .flp I'll give it a go. I used to do tech support for FL Studio so we should be able to figure out what's going on. :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby NextDAW » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:15 pm

Teksonik wrote:
NextDAW wrote: FL Studio 20.8.2 [build 2247] (64-bit), Win 7 SP1 (64-bit).

Also the latest version of FL Studio is 21.0.3.3517 so if you seek support from Image-Line they're probably going to tell you to update. Updates are free for life and version 21 has brought some nice new features so it's definitely worth installing. You can install it alongside of version 20.8.

I ran the test here and did not experience what you're reporting either. I don't see a way to download the .flp you posted (am I just missing it?) but can you look and see whether the volume has changed in DUNE 3 (from the main Vol knob etc) or in the Channel Rack/Mixer in FL Studio?

If I can find a way to download your .flp I'll give it a go. I used to do tech support for FL Studio so we should be able to figure out what's going on. :)

Hi. Thanks for replying. But, if you'll notice, my original post was actually made well over 2 years ago, way back in March 2021, when I was using the then current release of FL Studio (which was v20.8.2.2247, at that time).

Since then, I have a completely new Windows 11 device that I use instead, along with the latest v21.0.3.3517 build of FL Studio and haven't really noticed any issues with DUNE 3's patch saving for a couple of years. However, I've not recently tried replicating this particular bug, since it's just been so long since I last encountered it and it was an issue.

But thanks for taking the time to reply. :mrgreen:
NextDAW
Novice

Postby Kriminal » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:30 pm

NextDAW wrote:[l
Hi. Thanks for replying. But, if you'll notice, my original post was actually made well over 2 years ago, way back in March 2021...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:55 pm

NextDAW wrote:Thanks for replying. But, if you'll notice, my original post was actually made well over 2 years ago, way back in March 2021, when I was using the then current release of FL Studio (which was v20.8.2.2247, at that time).

I didn't even bother to look at the OP date. Since Richard just replied today I assumed the thread was fresh.

Oh well better late than never I guess. :?

It's not unusual to see people using older versions of FL Studio, usually from before the new two factor copy protection took effect (for obvious reasons).
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:05 pm

Kriminal wrote:
Hi. Thanks for replying. But, if you'll notice, my original post was actually made well over 2 years ago, way back in March 2021...

I find very little humor in wasting my time trying to help here. It's a mistake I won't make again.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Christophe » Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:33 pm

Teksonik wrote:
Kriminal wrote:

I find very little humor in wasting my time trying to help here. It's a mistake I won't make again.

I asked Marcin to fix the listing of thread in chronological order, it did it on the beta forum today.
Maybe it is the reason Richard answered a 2 year old thread
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby Richard » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:40 pm

Yeah it was a forum bug. Closing this one now :mrgreen:
Richard
Synapse Audio

Return to Bug Reports