Dune 3.52 - inconsistent mousewheel. Small inconvenience

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune 3.52 - inconsistent mousewheel. Small inconvenience

Postby Dencheg » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:04 pm

Hey Synapse team.
Perhaps I've already complained over that. I understand that the mousewheel behavior goes to the very bottom of the backlog. Nevertheless, I'd love to have mousewheel as consistent as possible, perhaps in some future where there are no other bugs :)

1) Let's say, changing dropdown values with mousewheel works correctly most of the time: one wheel click changes the value back or forth by one step. For instance, "OSC tuning" behaves like that. Some integral counters also work correctly, like "OSC Amount"

2) For some integral values like for "OSC density", increment works fine through the range, except for zero value. To go from 0 to 1 (or to -1), it takes two wheel clicks.

3) The most important part: for some people, the wheel is of great help when playing with a sequencer. That's the most tedoius wrist work if done without the wheel.
Unfortunately, Dune's "Sequencer note" takes eiher one or two clicks for one increment through the entire range (while "Sequencer vel" behaves like 2)

I really wish all controls behaved like 1), especially "Sequencer note". That would make the sequencer (or other controls) super-neat and even more inviting to play.
Thanks!
Dencheg
Novice

Return to Bug Reports