Cannot write in Obsession patch search in FL Studio

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Cannot write in Obsession patch search in FL Studio

Postby themachinelt » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:15 am

Im using the latest version. Option "Allow FL Studio to process keyboard presses when the keyboard focus" is on. All plugins give me ability to write in search, even Dune 3 with that option on, but in Obsession is not possible neither with turned on or off.
themachinelt
Novice

Re: Cannot write in Obsession patch search in FL Studio

Postby Marcin » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:40 am

What OS and its version and which version of FL Studio do you use?
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Postby themachinelt » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:53 am

Marcin wrote:What OS and its version and which version of FL Studio do you use?

Hi,

im using Windows 10 Home & FL Studio 21.0.1 Latest Release
themachinelt
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:46 pm

Works fine here with "Allow the plugin to handle keystrokes before the host does" selected ON. (Icon to the left of where it says Presets). It does not work when that option is turned off.

Confirmed on two systems with both VST 2 and VST 3 versions.

Win 10 FL Studio 21.01 [build 3348]

Obsession 011623-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby themachinelt » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:20 pm

Teksonik wrote:Works fine here with "Allow the plugin to handle keystrokes before the host does" selected ON. (Icon to the left of where it says Presets). It does not work when that option is turned off.

Confirmed on two systems with both VST 2 and VST 3 versions.

Win 10 FL Studio 21.01 [build 3348]

Obsession 011623-1.png

Doesnt work for me, if i press lets say R it goes in to record mode or if i press space it coresponds to transport panel. With other plugins like dune 3 ex browser works without the issue with mentioned option on.
themachinelt
Novice

Postby Richard » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:10 pm

So you want to type a search text into Obsession's browser, correct?

To me it works in the FLS default setting in both Obsession and DUNE 3 (whether that setting is on or off not sure, cannot find that setting right now), so it works for me just like it does for Teksonik I suppose. I tried both FLS 20 and FLS 21.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Teksonik » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:11 pm

themachinelt wrote:Doesnt work for me, if i press lets say R it goes in to record mode or if i press space it coresponds to transport panel. With other plugins like dune 3 ex browser works without the issue with mentioned option on.

I downloaded the latest version of Obsession (1.20) again just to be sure and ran the test again. (what version of Obsession are you using?)

When the icon is lit, typing in the browser search box works:

Obsession 011623-2.png

When the icon is not lit, typing in the search box does not work and keystrokes are passed on to FL Studio like you describe:

Obsession 011623-3.png

So I don't know what to tell you. We're both running the latest version of FL Studio on Windows 10. I'm on windows 21H2 (OS Build 19044.2486). This system has Win 10 Pro but the studio system has Win 10 Home and it works as described on both so that's not the issue.

themachinelt wrote:Option "Allow FL Studio to process keyboard presses when the keyboard focus" is on

I don't see any such option. Did you just misquote the actual text or? You could try "Typing Keyboard to Piano" on/off in the Options drop down but I've tried both options and it doesn't make a difference here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby themachinelt » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:26 am

here is a video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/11ef4gm1p7zq3 ... 6.mp4?dl=0

first i type letters A and S and after that when i press R it starts recording, then i press Space which should make just a space, instead it acts as a transport command.
themachinelt
Novice

Postby themachinelt » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:27 am

Teksonik wrote:
themachinelt wrote:Doesnt work for me, if i press lets say R it goes in to record mode or if i press space it coresponds to transport panel. With other plugins like dune 3 ex browser works without the issue with mentioned option on.

I downloaded the latest version of Obsession (1.20) again just to be sure and ran the test again. (what version of Obsession are you using?)

When the icon is lit, typing in the browser search box works:

Obsession 011623-2.png

When the icon is not lit, typing in the search box does not work and keystrokes are passed on to FL Studio like you describe:

Obsession 011623-3.png

So I don't know what to tell you. We're both running the latest version of FL Studio on Windows 10. I'm on windows 21H2 (OS Build 19044.2486). This system has Win 10 Pro but the studio system has Win 10 Home and it works as described on both so that's not the issue.

themachinelt wrote:Option "Allow FL Studio to process keyboard presses when the keyboard focus" is on

I don't see any such option. Did you just misquote the actual text or? You could try "Typing Keyboard to Piano" on/off in the Options drop down but I've tried both options and it doesn't make a difference here.

sorry i ment the other command with keystrokes :)
themachinelt
Novice

Postby themachinelt » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:30 am

Richard wrote:So you want to type a search text into Obsession's browser, correct?

To me it works in the FLS default setting in both Obsession and DUNE 3 (whether that setting is on or off not sure, cannot find that setting right now), so it works for me just like it does for Teksonik I suppose. I tried both FLS 20 and FLS 21.

Yes typing in the search in obsession browser doesnt work, sort of. Have you tried typing R and making space?

In dune 3 it works perfectly fine, just in obsession doesnt.
themachinelt
Novice

Postby Richard » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:08 pm

Yes both R and space work fine.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby themachinelt » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:14 pm

Richard wrote:Yes both R and space work fine.

As you can see in the video, it doesnt work here :-(
themachinelt
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:17 pm

I just tried it again. I can type R and Space over and over without triggering record or stop/start.

I don't know what to tell you. I can't see any reason why the same code would behave differently on different systems. It must be some other setting in FL Studio but I don't see what it could be and nothing I've tried makes any difference. :?

Obsession 011723-5.png

EDIT: OK I think I've got it. I found the option you posted earlier. It's in the Plugin Wrapper settings under Troubleshooting:

Obsession 011723-6.png

If I turn that option On I get the behavior you describe even if the "Allow the plugin to handle keystrokes" option is On.

Try unchecking that Wrapper option and see how it goes.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Richard » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:32 pm

That option tells FLStudio to process keyboard presses, so when enabled it does just that. I tried it with a couple of plugins (not just ours) and they all act in the exact same way with that option enabled. So yes it opens the record window if we press R, because that is precisely what we tell FLS to do by enabling that option. Maybe I'm missing something and there's yet another setting related to this, no idea, for sure everything works perfectly fine by default. :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Christophe » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:57 pm

themachinelt wrote:Im using the latest version. Option "Allow FL Studio to process keyboard presses when the keyboard focus" is on. All plugins give me ability to write in search, even Dune 3 with that option on, but in Obsession is not possible neither with turned on or off.

but OP said, that it is working with Dune3 :?
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Next

Return to Bug Reports