Problem with song mode midi recording

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Postby user_45a27 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:01 am

Hello, there is a small 'inconsistance' when recording midi in song mode and if the generator have its tracks 'extended'. In this particular case, midi data are not necessarly recorded to the pattern you want to. The software behaviour is not very clear about this.
Here is a picture showing the problem:
1/I expect the data to be recorded in A5, furthemore it's located before A1, I record...
2/...But data are put into the A1 pattern, it's clear on the picture

So, is it a bug ? at least it seems that this particular case is not handled by the software ? Can Someone confirm this ?
user_45a27
Apprentice

Postby Vicious_Angel » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:42 am

You have armed the second shortcircuit and midi gone to the first? That what you mean?
Emu1212m | Alesis micron | Edirol pcr500 | FOCAL CMS 50 | Senheiser hd 25-1 II | Core i7 etc
Vicious_Angel
Apprentice

Postby user_45a27 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:55 pm

No that all, there is only one instance of shortcircuit , but the track is expanded to two rows ( right click->expando to...). The advantage in my case would be the abilitie to program a complex polyrythmic structure by playing on the meeting period of the 2 subs patterns.
user_45a27
Apprentice

Postby Vicious_Angel » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:06 pm

Oh i took it now :)
Emu1212m | Alesis micron | Edirol pcr500 | FOCAL CMS 50 | Senheiser hd 25-1 II | Core i7 etc
Vicious_Angel
Apprentice

Postby Dungeon Studio » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:42 pm

I think you might be expericing the same problem as me. If I have a generator and want to record something 'on the fly' in Song, I'll set it's A5 to be say 256 length, cue up to the area I want to do my little solo or whatever, hit REC and Play - and the generator immediately reverts to A1. Simply because it's the last pattern detected in Song. Very frustrating to have to hit Play and A5 while the count in's going and get ready to play.

Have a look at your Short Circuit going into Record, I think it's switching automatically on you. I've mentioned this to Rich elsewhere, and definately think it should be overridden or removed from Song mode.
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Postby Jouni » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Unfortunately the "main" track is the one Orion follows. One of the shortcomings on the multi channel plugin support. There's a workaround though, don't use the first track, it prevents Orion from changing the pattern, but of course it won't change it then at all. But it allows atleast you to record to different patterns than the first track.
Jouni
Godlike

Return to Bug Reports