Reason Rewire Channels

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Reason Rewire Channels

Postby Rafsan » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:19 pm

When i rewire reason to orion, i get 16 channels respectively shown. One of these channels is taken up by the hardware interface. For some reason, it won't show my 17th instrument in reason. And not just that, If i added an effect in reason like 'delay or reverb' to say malstrom, then the effects also take up channels and i can not work with anymore than that.

So to sum it up, 16 channels show up in the rewire channels in orion. Some of these are taken up by the device or hardware interface & effects along with the instruments. So overall, you can't really use that many stuff.

I thought this might be some sort of bug that needs to be fixed. I have no complaints really tho, since this is the first host i came across after sonar, cubase that actually runs so damn smooth and works amazingly fast. Orion is a great application and that's why i'm reporting this. To make it even better.
Rafsan
Novice

Reason Rewire Channels

Postby Kriminal » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:02 pm

is it not a restiriction of ReWire itself...or does it work diff in other hosts?
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Reason Rewire Channels

Postby Rafsan » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:07 pm

It's similar. I used to use rewire with cubase and sonar. When i would rewire instruments, they would show up individually even if alot of effects were added to each within reason. But for some reason, say if i have just Thor connected to the device interface, and like 5 different effects with thor within reason....on Orion, those effects even take up space out of 16 channels.

So, bascially its like this, I have reason rewired to orion. Connect Thor to device interface, add 5 effects like delay, scream, phaser, etc. to thor. Now when i go to orion and set up the midi input/output channels, thor shows up but along with those effects taking up space for the 16....so i'm left with 10 more to use.

If you have a trouble understanding my explanation, try out reason 4 rewired into orion and play around with it. You'll know what i mean.
Rafsan
Novice

Return to Bug Reports