Playlist Bug 2

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Playlist Bug 2

Postby El_Capitan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:50 am

I have a single note that is 2288 notes in length (in sampler but it also does this in other instruments).

When I move the X slider at the bottom of the playlist to the right, the note disappears from view.

When I move the X slider back to the start (hard left), the note returns to view.
El_Capitan
Regular

Re: Playlist Bug 2

Postby El_Capitan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:58 am

Also, when rendering to wav, it appears that Orion does not play the first note in a pattern for Kontakt 4 when the pattern starts at 1 in the playlist.

Moving the pattern to 2 abates the issue.

Finding lots of minor bugs related to the playlist... hmm..
El_Capitan
Regular

Postby kmatm » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:24 am

El_Capitan wrote:Also, when rendering to wav, it appears that Orion does not play the first note in a pattern for Kontakt 4 when the pattern starts at 1 in the playlist.

I've found that as well, but when using Massive, rendering the loop cuts out the first note.
kmatm
Apprentice

Postby Richard » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Ok thanks for the playlist bug reports. We'll look into it for the next update, which will be a bigger one (8.1 or 8.2).

With VST plugins it's probably a good idea to start your song at the second bar though. This gives plugins a chance to process any events they may have queued somewhere. Furthermore, this also allows e.g. (non-native) reverb tails to finish and so on...not all plugins handle that correctly.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Andy-b » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:40 pm

Richard wrote:Ok thanks for the playlist bug reports. We'll look into it for the next update, which will be a bigger one (8.1 or 8.2).

With VST plugins it's probably a good idea to start your song at the second bar though. This gives plugins a chance to process any events they may have queued somewhere. Furthermore, this also allows e.g. (non-native) reverb tails to finish and so on...not all plugins handle that correctly.

Usually I leave 2 or 4 bars blank before rendering a project,not only with Orion,I do these with all my daws (Reaper,Renoise and Fruity)
Andy-b
Regular

Postby kmatm » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:40 pm

So far I've only found this happening with Massive. If I were only using Orion to render a complete song leaving a few bars might be fine, but I render out a lot of loops. This creates additional work having to render every single loop with an extra bar or two at the beginning, and then *precisely* trim the unwanted bar off later in an editor.

That being said, I will see if this gets fixed in the next update. I did not have this problem with Orion 7.
kmatm
Apprentice

Return to Bug Reports