Orion 8 crashes if folder name changed

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Orion 8 crashes if folder name changed

Postby harddisco » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:34 pm

Just working on a song...

I use working titles for tracks until the lyrics are written and matched to the music.

So, I start off my new album with track 13_1 - album 13, track 1. As I amass audio files for the song i keep them in a folder called 13_1, so everything is tidy.

Then after I've been working on the track a while I come up with the lyrics and thus the title. At this point I rename the orion song file and also the folder where i keep the files for the song. I've been doing this for years with Orion. When I open the renamed song the first time I point it to the renamed folder and everything is profoundly harmonious :dudelsack:

Today when I renamed the audio files folder, Orion 8 gave an immediate 'Something Unexpected' message and crashed. This is the first time I've done this with v8.

I restarted and tried again, same problem. But when I changed the folder name back to what it had been,. the song opened with no problems and played as normal.
Win XP Home SP2 - AMD Phenom II x4 B35 (2.9GHZ x 4) - 2GB RAM

http://www.harddisco.co.uk
harddisco
Regular

Return to Bug Reports