Another New Sketch/WIP

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Another New Sketch/WIP

Postby kmatm » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:20 am

Not bad, nice deep kick, I like the drums, good variation.
kmatm
Apprentice

Postby iam7zark7 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:33 am

Another WIP:

https://soundcloud.com/7zark7/120818_120bpm

Work in progress made with Synapse-Audio Orion, Dune 3, Legend, DrumRack, Alesis Micron, Korg ES2, Korg Minilogue, Korg MS20 Mini, Korg SQ-1, Korg Volca Sample, Roland JD-Xi, Roland MC-307, 1010 Audio BitBox, and some free samples.

As always, feedback is appreciated.
I haven't worked at this bpm in a while.

*Updated 12/29/18 - with "You Can't Catch Me" and "I Can Fly" samples

-7zark7
iam7zark7
Apprentice

Postby iam7zark7 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:06 am

iam7zark7 wrote:Another WIP:

https://soundcloud.com/7zark7/120818_120bpm

Work in progress made with Synapse-Audio Orion, Dune 3, Legend, DrumRack, Alesis Micron, Korg ES2, Korg Minilogue, Korg MS20 Mini, Korg SQ-1, Korg Volca Sample, Roland JD-Xi, Roland MC-307, 1010 Audio BitBox, and some free samples.

As always, feedback is appreciated.
I haven't worked at this bpm in a while.

-7zark7

iam7zark7
Apprentice

Postby iam7zark7 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:13 am

I think I should change this thread title to:

"13 requests for feedback on 13 works in progress in one thread with 26000 views and 10 comments"

I know that those views don't necessarily translate to listens. My play counts confirm this, as they tend to be pretty low as well.
That's all fine, and par for the course, I guess, but what gives? I try to, but I know that I don't always listen to or comment on everybody's tracks either, but 26000 views??? I though that I would be making it easy for people by posting works in progress in one thread. Is this the wrong approach? Maybe part of the reason that I never finish a work in progress is lack of feedback, interest, encouragement, etc.
I am pretty okay with that because I am just a hobbyist and each track is just an exercise. There are 60 unfinished tracks at my soundcloud, btw. The truth is, I don't think I have ever finished a track. Maybe I will someday...if someone likes it enough. If not, I will keep making sketches, abandoning them, and moving on to the next. Each is a lesson, and it's the process that I tend to enjoy. It's my version of golf, or video games. It is just what I enjoy doing with my spare time. Yes, I need to be more disciplined, and self motivated. Yes, I should make a practice of completing tracks. I always thought that my tracks would benefit from collaboration, but if I can't even generate feedback, I am sure that it is equally unlikely that I will ever generate interest in a colab. I just don't know what all those views are about if no one is listening. Maybe I shouldn't bother posting tracks here, or maybe going forward I will make a new post for each track. Either way, this is not as much a whine as it is shock about the view count of this thread...and lack of supporting listens and feedback. If you think that I am full of it, please feel free to let me have it. Any commentary at all would be appreciated over nothing.

-7zark7
iam7zark7
Apprentice

Postby Christophe » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:36 am

i will listen after office
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Previous

Return to Music & Stuff