UK Guys - Really noone playing Elite:Dangerous?

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

UK Guys - Really noone playing Elite:Dangerous?

Postby DaZoid » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:03 pm

It's you home base game #1 from the 80s. Common? Noone?

:lol:
DaZoid
Guru

Re: UK Guys - Really noone playing Elite:Dangerous?

Postby Doc Brock Games » Mon May 11, 2015 11:45 pm

Game looks visually stunning and who wouldn't want to pilot one of those ships? As an an audio aficionado and a scientist, though, I still don't know how I feel about sound effects in space :wink:

How did you hear about the game?
Doc Brock Games
Novice

Postby DaZoid » Tue May 12, 2015 11:52 am

Doc Brock Games wrote:Game looks visually stunning and who wouldn't want to pilot one of those ships? As an an audio aficionado and a scientist, though, I still don't know how I feel about sound effects in space :wink:

How did you hear about the game?

Don't know. Already played Elite in 1984 on the C64. :lol: I saw it last year in a game magazine and was interested of what it might be to play the game in 2015. : )
DaZoid
Guru

Postby piel » Tue May 12, 2015 7:02 pm

Elite was probably one the top 3 games of all time, but time left it behind. I played it on a speccy first then the PC vga remake, which was really awesome. Unfortunately i gave up trying to keep pace with the advance of graphic cards, so i can't play fancy new games anymore...
piel
Regular

Postby DaZoid » Wed May 13, 2015 8:24 am

piel wrote:Elite was probably one the top 3 games of all time, but time left it behind. I played it on a speccy first then the PC vga remake, which was really awesome. Unfortunately i gave up trying to keep pace with the advance of graphic cards, so i can't play fancy new games anymore...

That's a shame!! You really miss a lot. I'm just playing GTA V and I have to say ... AWESOOOOOOOoooome!

It's such a great story, city, environment ... like playing a movie. It's really great and even runs smooth on my GeForce 570 GTX which is a bit outdated.
DaZoid
Guru

Postby cooliadh » Wed May 13, 2015 3:15 pm

DaZoid wrote:That's a shame!! You really miss a lot. I'm just playing GTA V and I have to say ... AWESOOOOOOOoooome!

It's such a great story, city, environment ... like playing a movie. It's really great and even runs smooth on my GeForce 570 GTX which is a bit outdated.

Oh yeah, so I do! But I had to upgrade from my Radeon 7800. First I got myself an Asus R9 280 which was broken. I then decided to go for a MSI GTX 960 with 4 GB RAM - only WOW! I have almost all the time 60 fps with full HD. :D

GTA is also always "my only" game when a new episode comes out - all other have to wait then. ;)
Orion 8.6 | DUNE | DUNE 2 | EKS Pro | Hydra | Sylenth1 | Predator | Predator 2 | Blue 2 | Windows 10 Pro | ESI Maya 44 XTE | Oxygen 8 V2 | X-Board 49 | Edirol MA-20D | Sennheiser HD 380 Pro

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4WdwS ... SQD86w25Dw
cooliadh
Apprentice

Postby Doc Brock Games » Wed May 13, 2015 9:55 pm

That's one good thing about doing music for video games. You get to have the audio and video toys :D
Doc Brock Games
Novice

Postby kmatm » Wed May 13, 2015 10:54 pm

Doc Brock Games wrote:That's one good thing about doing music for video games. You get to have the audio and video toys :D

Do I take from this that you write music for games?
kmatm
Apprentice

Postby Doc Brock Games » Wed May 13, 2015 11:22 pm

Yes! I am currently developing a fighting game myself. Here is a track I wrote for it:

https://soundcloud.com/docbrockgames/future-fighter-talkbox-mix

What are your thoughts on the song?
Doc Brock Games
Novice

Postby kmatm » Thu May 14, 2015 11:11 pm

Ah, your name makes all the more sense now...

I'm not a fan of that style of music, but it's well produced and would work well for that sort of fighting game. Sounds like it would loop well for extended battles and keep the tension going.

I've been keeping my eyes open for ways into the game-music arena, there's little where I live and the odd positions I have seen also require quite an amount of coding / development ability as well to integrate the music into the game, rather than just writing scores, music and sound effects.
kmatm
Apprentice

Postby Doc Brock Games » Fri May 15, 2015 10:29 pm

kmatm wrote:Ah, your name makes all the more sense now...

:D

kmatm wrote:I'm not a fan of that style of music, but it's well produced and would work well for that sort of fighting game. Sounds like it would loop well for extended battles and keep the tension going.

Awesome! That is exactly what I was going for, and you're absolutely right about the looping.

Don't know how much this style of music can grow on you, but here's a channel of the style that this album is inspired from. This is straight hard dance, but I guess my song is more like a mix of hard dance and video game music if that's possible. :)

kmatm wrote:I've been keeping my eyes open for ways into the game-music arena, there's little where I live and the odd positions I have seen also require quite an amount of coding / development ability as well to integrate the music into the game, rather than just writing scores, music and sound effects.

Look no further then :D You will find many postings for just musicians in Google+ communities like this one. Just search for indie game development/developers in communities and you will find others. This will give you a chance to work with game developers and integrate your musical abilities into the games.

If you end up jumping in, let me know on Google+ so I can follow you.
Doc Brock Games
Novice

Postby kmatm » Sun May 17, 2015 1:43 am

Thanks!! :) I'll have to put some time aside to read through and see what I could offer.
kmatm
Apprentice

Postby Doc Brock Games » Sun May 17, 2015 11:40 pm

kmatm wrote:Thanks!! :) I'll have to put some time aside to read through and see what I could offer.

:D
Doc Brock Games
Novice

Postby kmatm » Thu May 21, 2015 4:12 am

Added a listing, will see if I get any replies...
kmatm
Apprentice

Postby Doc Brock Games » Sat May 23, 2015 5:35 pm

kmatm wrote:Added a listing, will see if I get any replies...

Excellent! Here is an example of a thread type that you may want to watch out for. This is a different group, but the concept is the same.
Doc Brock Games
Novice

Return to Music & Stuff