Doing The Unthinkable - Trying FL Studio

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Doing The Unthinkable - Trying FL Studio

Postby cooliadh » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:39 am

Teksonik wrote:As a professional you should know that any new piece of software comes with a learning curve.

Teksonik wrote:I can understand why FL isn't for everyone and I'm still trying to bang out a workflow with it that is as comfortable as Orion's Pattern Per Generator.

When I found Orion I've tried all other DAWs before: Cubase, Logic, FL, some Tracker...Orion's workflow kicked in: The ease to create sounds "out of the box" and get your ideas down that fast was very inspiring for me - and is still up to me (as long all my workhorse-synths are running). :)
Orion 8.6 | DUNE | DUNE 2 | EKS Pro | Hydra | Sylenth1 | Predator | Predator 2 | Blue 2 | Windows 10 Pro | ESI Maya 44 XTE | Oxygen 8 V2 | X-Board 49 | Edirol MA-20D | Sennheiser HD 380 Pro

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4WdwS ... SQD86w25Dw
cooliadh
Apprentice

Postby Teksonik » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:48 pm

Some of my favorite plugins will not load in Orion although they load and work just fine in my other DAWs. A fix is not coming from the Orion side and no plugin developer is going to bother to look into reports for a DAW that has been discontinued.

Hold on as long as you can to Orion if that works for you but I've moved on.......... :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:45 am

Which plugins Tek?
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Solid Technica » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:10 am

Solid Technica
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:08 pm

Yes the Air Music Technology plugins. I own Hybrid 3, Loom, Vacuum Pro and XPand!2. I use Hybrid and Xpand the most. :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:18 pm

Tek, have you tried IL Mini Modular? Works a treat for problem plugs.
Mark

Postby Teksonik » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:00 pm

Yes I've tried Mini Host Modular which is still in Beta and looks like it's been abandoned as well. But then I might as well use FL. :mrgreen:

It's not the plugins that are the problem..... :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:31 am

Teksonik wrote:Yes the Air Music Technology plugins. I own Hybrid 3, Loom, Vacuum Pro and XPand!2. I use Hybrid and Xpand the most. :?

Ive never tried those... is it def an Orion problem or could it be system/Orion problem (ie win10 etc)

Have they ever worked in Orion?
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby bassg » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:25 am

I use the AIR plugins in Orion 8.5 (the latest 8.6 seems to be less stable on my system so I am not using it for production) on Win7 32 bit regularly, they do work but there is a bug when you open a project ("MM timer could not be initialized" or something like that). I have to turn off the "always running" option in audio preferences before opening the project; then it loads without issues. I remember the only plugin I wasn't able to run inside Orion was Strike 2.
bassg
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:26 pm

Kriminal wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Yes the Air Music Technology plugins. I own Hybrid 3, Loom, Vacuum Pro and XPand!2. I use Hybrid and Xpand the most. :?

Ive never tried those... is it def an Orion problem or could it be system/Orion problem (ie win10 etc)

Have they ever worked in Orion?

No they have never loaded in Orion (Win 7 64 Bit Orion 64 bit). I had a screenshot of the error message but can't find it, I'll have to make another.

They work just fine on the same system in Reaper, Sonar, and FL so the cause seems to point to Orion. :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:00 pm

EDIT: OK I searched back and the Air plugins used to not load but an update fixed that however as mentioned above the following message is still generated when loading a project.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby bassg » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:35 am

Teksonik wrote:EDIT: OK I searched back and the Air plugins used to not load but an update fixed that however as mentioned above the following message is still generated when loading a project.

Yes, this is the error message I was referring to - if you want to load the project correctly you have to turn off the "audio engine - always running" option in audio preferences, then the project opens just fine (after that you can switch the audio engine back to "always running", important is to turn it off before opening the project). Works for me at least. :)
bassg
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:23 pm

Thanks but I'm not going to bother with that. Like I said to those who wish, hang on to Orion as long as you can. I've moved on.... :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby bassg » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:42 pm

Teksonik wrote:Thanks but I'm not going to bother with that. Like I said to those who wish, hang on to Orion as long as you can. I've moved on.... :wink:

Sure! :) Anyway, the information might come in handy for those who still want to use AIR plugins in Orion (like myself).
bassg
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:46 am

I was reading some comments on a DAW thread and several people raved about Mixcraft. Doesn't look like my cup of tea and I haven't tried it but maybe someone will find it a replacement for Orion.

http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Teksonik
Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to Music & Stuff