Research old virtual instruments

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Research old virtual instruments

Postby Suonoecomputer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:43 pm

Hello to all of you, I hope you are fine. I'm a nostalgic and during this time I went again looking for old plug-in software. I can not help playing with the good TS-404 I love very much and I wonder if any of you know even older plugins in the 2000 or 1999 (I can not go back more than the year 1999) that still run on Microsoft Windows platform. Thank you. :)
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Re: Research old virtual instruments

Postby cooliadh » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:52 pm

Someone here (I think it was Kriminal if I'm not mistaken) posted an Orion SFS with all the good old Orion Plugins. They're still there but not creatable if you do not have such a song file.

With VSTs I can not really help. The oldest one I use from time to time is Hydra (from Synapse). Other older stuff from thirdparties I do not use actually. In my signature you can see my workhorse synths. :)
Orion 8.6 | DUNE | DUNE 2 | EKS Pro | Hydra | Sylenth1 | Predator | Predator 2 | Blue 2 | Windows 10 Pro | ESI Maya 44 XTE | Oxygen 8 V2 | X-Board 49 | Edirol MA-20D | Sennheiser HD 380 Pro

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4WdwS ... SQD86w25Dw
cooliadh
Apprentice

Postby Suonoecomputer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:39 am

Thank you
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:31 pm

I could prob name a few old ones, but no idea if they would run on todays OS....

What old ones do you have?
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby bones » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:44 am

I'm sure I've got Hammerhead somewhere but I have no idea if it will install and run on Win10. It's web page is still up, though, so you might be in luck - http://www.threechords.com/hammerhead/simsynth.shtml

I also used to use SimSynth quite a bit, thanks to the way it worked with Fruityloops (before Fruityloops supported VST). Again, I'm not sure if it will still work or not - http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/simsynth.php
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Suonoecomputer » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:58 pm

I am testing Windows 10 with various demo - trial and free software inside some of the demo CD - DVDs I purchased in the early 2000s, on newsstands. By the way, I'm on the first CD in about fifty to control ... eh eh ... On my YouTube channel, if you like, you can follow some speed tests ... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt281paunNVexCa23zB8cow/featured?view_as=subscriber Thanks for the help. :wink:
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Postby ufo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:38 am

Lots of old stuff here.
RGC audio Triangle and Pentagon
Andreas Ersson Iblit and PolyIblit (polyiblit is firkin awesome)
And ERS Drums
Linplug alpha
Novation Bass Station
daiChi Synth1 (another firkin awesome freebie)
H.g.fortune Wavetable beasties (RIP)
Voltkitchen Arppe2600va

I have a slew of weird stuff, Alien Artifact, VS Oscilloscope, Blaster, Cynthia, DS404, KX-X16, Ignition, Microgram, Oxytocin, a mass of Novakill machines, Radioactive, Sun Ra, Super Spook Keys, Superwave P8, efm Synthia, TAL, Whoo, Blip, Whoosh, XChanter

synapse Audio Scorpion, Junglist, Hydra, Poly 850, xPoly (sorry not freebies)

And I still love my Karma FX Modular.
Another oldie but not too freebie is SymptOhm MelOhman - one freaky sampling synth with enough modulation to kill.

All of these machines run perfectly in Orion on Windows 8.1 32 bit, however I sometimes get buggy behaviour in rendering a track when there is anArppe2600va in the project.

Peace luv and aciiid
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

Postby balistic » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:17 pm

The Junglist is probably the first VSTi I ever bought and I still use it in nearly every track.

Before I bought Orion I worked in Impulse Tracker, and generated my samples with Stomper, RubberDuck, and ReBirth (as well as grabbing free samples off of the hyperreal.org site).
Brian "balistic" Prince
positive.future.funk
balistic
Regular

Return to Music & Stuff