Would Never Use Anyting But ORION in professional settings

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Would Never Use Anyting But ORION in professional settings

Postby Clip2Trigger » Wed May 09, 2018 7:21 am

Hi there guys! Greetings from Michigan!

The music I make is created on Orion, here is a song I did Titled; Dead Enough, here is the SoundCloud link, enjoy!!

https://soundcloud.com/clip2trigger/dead-enough

Will be speaking about what was mainly used @ tTOP Records to make this song titled Dead-Enough.
It's very important that I share my experiences with Orion in the studio, by far in my experience in the industry there is no other way to compose & create music; ORION is the main foundation in the production of what I do, in the 8.6 version of Orion it connects wonderful with the audio rig and components, in my opinion there is still to this day no other way but ORION in my preference to industrial EDM, tho for live shows that would be a different story as all the tracks/songs created on Orion then gets transferred nicely to Older-ProTools LE for mastering then as for live shows a protocols rig would be needed..... I only stress the ONLY ONE WAY to make music (is with Orion) is because if you take a look at how nicely you can setup and move around plugs & machines within Orion, it has a perfect clean OCD structure and even the mixing boards in Orion if you've noticed is so real the real thing that I've not seen anything close to this except for tools in my opinion...
Equipment Used: (most of the list)
1. ORION 8.6 Full.
2. Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 (main audio rack system for Orion)
3. Motu MIDI Rack (live synth controller to Focusrite)
4. Access Virus TI Snow (hardware)
5. Access Virus Powercore (hardware)
6. Novation Bass Station (hardware)
7. Orion Drum Rack
8. Orion sampler (one of the best samplers! It beats many others for Precice tightness and control)
9. EZ-Drummer
10. Micro.Tonic

I hope it was ok to name all of the equipment used for the song as I really wanted to share how good Orion handled all of the equipment as a whole. The system I've put together is Rack & Rig type a lot like Vince Clarkes older system before he went with just a laptop....

If you had a dream and was inspired by the very very old computer system called the BBC UMI-2B then Orion could help you out to make such a program rig system that is super superior over the UMI; and that dream came true when I found Orion when it first came out, have used nothing but ever since, except for needing protocols for mastering and live shows.
Thank you guys for your time, you are all amazing! Music is a very special thing and sometimes someone comes along to make such an amazing tool like Orion that has helped you create all of your musical dreams, this infact is my situation, Music is an amazing thing! If I were to thank anyone for being able to fulfill my music dreams it would be a huge Thank You to the creators of Orion! You guys are amazing and lots of Love!
Drew-Damion
Clip2Trigger
Novice

Re: Would Never Use Anyting But ORION in professional settin

Postby bones » Wed May 09, 2018 9:32 am

A cover, nice! I was listening to the original just a couple weeks ago. I love the vocal, it's got a real rock'n'roll swagger to it, but the synths are mixed a long way back. The kick needs a lot more punch, too.

I agree with your assessment of Orion, it's pretty much perfect for getting the job done.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Re: Would Never Use Anyting But ORION in professional settin

Postby ufo » Thu May 10, 2018 2:22 pm

Great
I agree too your synths need to come up a fair bit to drive it........

Well done
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

Return to Music & Stuff