Resonances in the presets of virtual instruments ?

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Resonances in the presets of virtual instruments ?

Postby Suonoecomputer » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:59 am

Hello everyone, I wanted to ask you if you also notice that several presets made in various virtual instruments have resonance problems. Adopting certain preset sounds of various "last generation" virtual instruments into the headphones, they have various resonances that become almost annoying to the ear and then have to be corrected with massive equalizations or adjustments to the preset itself. But this brings a long work and therefore a great waste of time ... I do not know maybe my ears do not work anymore, but I wanted to ask you ... It may depend on the fact that lately some virtual instruments have been "filled" too much of internal effects that lead to having a "different perception" of the original sound? And that then some presets are not properly treated, but created in a hasty manner? The virtual intruments of the past had a "dynamically weak" but "cleaner" sound. Now you hear presets that impress dynamically, but with heavy resonances ... Thank you.
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Re: Resonances in the presets of virtual instruments ?

Postby bones » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:31 pm

That's why EQ is there. That's exactly why it is necessary and what it is for. Creating a good mix is a lot of work, why wouldn't it be? If you put in the effort, you get the rewards.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Re: Resonances in the presets of virtual instruments ?

Postby Suonoecomputer » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:57 am

A ok, then everything is done to sell more EQ plugins .. Thanks. :D
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Return to Music & Stuff