New Video + EP

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

New Video + EP

Postby kmatm » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:01 am

My latest EP "Dub in Potentia" has just been released, 5 tracks of deep dub goodness! From guitar-driven groove to deep basses and glitchy filtering delays, trombones, and vocals. Cover art from Fenghuang in China. All produced within Orion. Links to all the usual stores below:

http://smarturl.it/dubinpotentia

I also put together a video for the second track "Dub Spectrometry" from footage I shot on a diving holiday to Indonesia a few months back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrDUoKiNXfg

kmatm
Apprentice

Re: New Video + EP

Postby Suonoecomputer » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:21 pm

All very nice, congratulations, wonderful places and beautiful music, maybe that reverb at the beginning on the guitar comes out "a bit 'too resonant" and is a bit' "dirty" ... :music:
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Re: New Video + EP

Postby kmatm » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:23 am

Thanks. In a way the sound was meant to be a little 'dirty', certainly not 'clean and polished', so what you hear is certainly intended.

The label had some cool things to say about the EP:

First up is the new release from SubsetDubs, "Dub in Potentia". He's always given us deeeeeep dubs, mainly on a techno tip, to put out but for this, his 5th offering on Dubmission, he's drawn from a wider palette of sounds. The techno influence is still there, but the tracks are definitely more rootsy, reminding us of Rhythm and Sound at their finest.

Three stand out for us: "Duende" is like a Fat Freddy's track that's been dubbed and stretched out, "Dub Spectronomy" is crying out for Tikiman to drop a vocal on top and "The Astrogator" sounds like he's dissolved one of his previous tunes in a vat of acid.
kmatm
Apprentice

Return to Music & Stuff