Wanted to share...

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Wanted to share...

Postby this instrument » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:00 am

Everything here was made in Orion 8.6 x64 with mostly 3rd party effects and synths. I've been using Orion since around ver 2 or 3(?). The first few versions were pirated (sorry! I was broke and young) Bought ver 7. Upgraded to 8.6. Thankfully it's still available, shame it's discontinued. Thanks for listening, if you choose...not exactly for everyone.

https://soundcloud.com/thisinstrument
this instrument
Regular

Re: Wanted to share...

Postby Boreal Music » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:03 pm

Thankfully it's still available, shame it's discontinued.

You mean available in the user service area? Yes, it's a real shame it is discontinued. I spent over ten years making music with Orion, and then my workhorse was shot down, just like that. In my opinion, Orion was the most powerful and simple DAW available at the time. And it still is for those who own it. For practical reasons, I have had to switch to other DAWs, since Orion has been discontinued.

Every now and then I go back to listen to my old Orion stuff and every time I'm impressed by the quality of the Orion sound engine. Even my first songs sound good. Orion was my first love DAW and I'm still missing it. I guess it could be released for free, why not Synapse? Luckily we have those great synths DUNE etc and Synapse continues in this area.

I did test version 8.6 of Orion when it came, but I encountered some problems with my old songs, so I stayed with version 8.504, which is the last stable version for me.

BTW. Good stuff you have there on Soundcloud. :cowboy:
Orion rules! Orion demo songs.
Boreal Music
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:17 pm

Boreal Music wrote:I guess it could be released for free, why not Synapse?

Synapse has explained there are licensing issues with setting Orion free.

At any rate:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11878
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby this instrument » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:04 pm

Boreal Music wrote:
BTW. Good stuff you have there on Soundcloud. :cowboy:

Hey thanks!

I have dabbled in other daws, but there's so many quirks in Orion that give a particular sound, I have just kinda stuck with it.
this instrument
Regular

Return to Music & Stuff