DUNE3 is amazing. Anyone using it with mainstage?

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

DUNE3 is amazing. Anyone using it with mainstage?

Postby warpcanada » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:37 pm

So I just bought DUNE3 yesterday and while I had encountered it in the form of the "DUNE CM" edition, as a Computer Music mag bonus, I hadn't given thought to buying it until I saw a sale advertised for JRR Shop and grabbed it yesterday, after spending 30 minutes with the demo.

What floors me with DUNE3 is how massive the layers and how deep the sound design capabilities of this thing with 8 layers goes.
What it reminds me of is a nicer version of my Korg TR88 keyboard's 8 layer combi mode. I have the Korg Collection with its triton VST, and while those items sound good, DUNE3 sounds as good to me, as a modern Yamaha Montage, or a Korg Kronos.

The sequencer and the MSEGS combine to create incredible evolving patterns, riffs, and entire melodic sequences. It's bonkers cool.

I'm wondering if anyone's using it for live keys rigs, and if it has full support for midi program change messages, for selecting banks and presets. Even if it doesn't, I suppose one can just instantiate as many instances of DUNE3 as one wanted for a single set list.

It would be cool if you could actually set up a setlist folder and trigger items in that setlist by program change messages.
warpcanada
Novice

Return to Music & Stuff