good, ueber reliable MIDI controllers

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Postby joe-joe » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:35 am

dick, I know you said you tried everything but one thing I would have to mention is that perhaps you have to adjust your velocity curve. I have an axiom 25. It works good but I know I had to initially adjust the velocity curve to suit me. If you dont mind me asking what sort of audio card and setup are you useing? What is your latencey set at. Ultimately a midi controller is not going to be as cool as a real hardware synth. I currently use a Korg Triton with Orion. I use this on my PC-desktop useing an EMU 1616 and the preformance is pretty awsome. On my laptop I use a lexicon alpha and I will proably upgrade my soundcard in the future as this is not suitable for realtime play. However I do use my axiom with my laptop setup. What I do is I reduce my latencey and then play in realtime. This seems to work pretty good.
Last edited by joe-joe on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Orion-Emu 1616 -Korg Triton Extreme - Ibanez - Vox Tone Labs.
joe-joe
Regular

Postby Vicious_Angel » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:26 pm

I have an edirol pcr-500 and i am really happy with it.
Emu1212m | Alesis micron | Edirol pcr500 | FOCAL CMS 50 | Senheiser hd 25-1 II | Core i7 etc
Vicious_Angel
Apprentice

Previous

Return to Music & Stuff