Any plugin working as video display?

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Postby Rzarek » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:26 pm

I am not a professional musician, but sometimes I compose soundtracks for (so far;) low-budget commercials. In order to synchronize the music with events I have to deal both with global tempo and single notes in patterns. Yesterday, after streaming a track and adding it to a video in Virtual Dub too many times I thought it would be nice to have a feature like FL's Video Player (of which I heard only).

Is there any video display plugin (VST or DX) which could make the whole process simpler and allow me to work in OP only?
Rzarek
Novice

Postby DaZoid » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:50 pm

there might be. search the forum. this had been asked before.
DaZoid
Guru

Postby Icaro » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:29 pm

this looks interesting, I might download it myself:
http://groc.org/movieplayer/index.html
Icaro
Professional

Postby Shadx » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:39 am

I tried one that I think I found searching on KvR or google, but the sync was ass. Everytime you stopped playing, the video would start over at the beginning, no matter where you were in the pattern or playlist.
If that groc thing doesn't work well, I would try Reaper (it should handle most video files well as long as the compression is pretty standard)
You can Rewire Reaper and Orion (Both should be able to be Host or Slave) Sounds sketchy but maybe it'll work out well.
Shadx
Apprentice

Postby Dungeon Studio » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:21 pm

If you have a PC with XP or Vista - I think Windows MovieMaker is pretty well standard in the OS these days? For all the cheapy videos I've made on YouTube, it suits me well. Good time line on it, opens many formats, and can edit video, audio, or both fairly easily.

Then again, I'm old... fashioned. ;)
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Return to Music & Stuff