whats making your feet tap and ya head nod...?

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: whats making your feet tap and ya head nod...?

Postby Mark » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:36 pm

Another favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHV7xTW1P8g

Getting Closer, Nitzer Ebb :twisted:
Mark

Postby STIFFY » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:13 am

Mark wrote:Another favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHV7xTW1P8g

Getting Closer, Nitzer Ebb :twisted:

brilliant stuff.... one of my all time fav bands... and a great track...

was listening to BELIEF no so long ago, and regularly listen to Industrial Complex....!

McCarthy's solos effort " Life Is Sucking The Life Out Of Me" has some interesting things...
"I am the all-singing all-dancing crap of the world."
STIFFY
Regular

Postby STIFFY » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:15 am

I am back on a Ministry kick... "BURNING INSIDE" from "The Mind is a terrible thing to taste!" is another all time fav...!
brilliant album....

"Fuck art, let's Kill"
"I am the all-singing all-dancing crap of the world."
STIFFY
Regular

Postby bones » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:25 am

Killing Joke's new album - MMXII. It is their best album since 1994's Pandemonium and I can't stop listening to it, except to listen to Public Image Ltd's new one - This is PiL - which is a solid effort, if not exactly outstanding. Gary Numan's latest album - Dead Son Rising, along with John Foxx & the Maths' Interplay, have also been getting a lot of listening time from me, too. I thought 2011 was pretty good but 2012 is already the best year in ages for new stuff from my favourite artists, all of whom seem to be doing their best work in years (even decades).
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby mattox » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:58 am

Killing Joke - Pandemonium was my first ever CD! I was 12 at the time and it was give to me by my uncle becasue I loved guitar.
mattox
Regular

Postby bones » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:49 am

God, I feel old. By the time CDs came out my record collection was already well over 400 albums. When Pandemonium came out, I was exactly three times your age. When I was 12 The Beatles were still together.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby harddisco » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:52 am

bones wrote:Killing Joke's new album - MMXII. It is their best album since 1994's Pandemonium and I can't stop listening to it

I'm a bit out of date, I was listening to 'Killing Joke' and 'Revelations' earlier this week.
Win XP Home SP2 - AMD Phenom II x4 B35 (2.9GHZ x 4) - 2GB RAM

http://www.harddisco.co.uk
harddisco
Regular

Postby Stig » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:23 pm

Good to see some appreciation for KJ here, not heard the new LP yet, only got Absolute Dissent recently. Always loved their stuff but I'm always given odd looks if I mention Fire Dances being my favourite.
Stig
Novice

Postby bones » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:15 pm

I love Fire Dances, it is definitely one of my favourites, too. OTOH, Absolute Dissent is my least favourite, there is just nothing about it that I like, except for the title track.
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Stig » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:32 pm

Yeah, I can't say I'm particularly impressed with Absolute Dissent, least of all the muddy production. Still, the fact these guys are a force to be reckoned with 30 years later is testament to their strength. SO you reckon this latest ones good then?
Stig
Novice

Postby balistic » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:19 am

Been digging 7th Gate lately. Huge, feel-good, soulful melodic techno:

http://youtu.be/EW-A1T6Pt2w
Brian "balistic" Prince
positive.future.funk
balistic
Regular

Postby bones » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:58 am

Stig wrote:Yeah, I can't say I'm particularly impressed with Absolute Dissent, least of all the muddy production. Still, the fact these guys are a force to be reckoned with 30 years later is testament to their strength. SO you reckon this latest ones good then?

Yes, in places it reminds me of their best work without every actually sounding like it is stuff they've done before.
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby bones » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:35 pm

Damn! This year just keeps getting better. I just found out The Stranglers managed to slip a new album by me in March. It is quite different to the last couple but unmistakably them. So far I am enjoying it as much as Suite XVI or Norfolk Coast, although it lacks the one or two killer songs each of those albums has.
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby bones » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:51 am

OMFG! It is better again. I just got hold of the new Ultravox album, Brilliant. Whilst it doesn't quite live up to the title, it is nevertheless a solid effort from the 1980's line-up of Midge Ure, Billy Currie, Chris Cross and Warren Cann. The production is very slick, which I think takes away from some of the energy, but it is immediately recognisable as Ultravox and the songs are all consistently good.

That means in the past two weeks I have got hold of brand new albums from 4 of my all-time favourite bands - Killing Joke, Ultravox, The Stranglers and PiL - and they are all pretty decent efforts. What a year this is shaping up to be.
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby balistic » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:10 am

A recently unearthed piece of techno history:

http://youtu.be/HE8x4EZgOos

Derrick May and Carl Craig perform 'Strings of Life', live, in 1989, shortly after the first techno records from Detroit started making a splash in Europe. It's a classic tune, and amazing to see such high quality footage of an early techno performance by one the founders of the genre.
Brian "balistic" Prince
positive.future.funk
balistic
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Music & Stuff