MIDI drum loop & drum sample resources? (TX16WX+Orion)

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

MIDI drum loop & drum sample resources? (TX16WX+Orion)

Postby rrttdd » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:35 am

Hi,
after playing around with Orion for a while, I'd like to bring some variation into my drum tracks...

I've found out that I'm probably not the classic drum machine user. It is to hard for me to build catching, non-standard drum sequences (beyond unn-tiss :roll: ) from scratch with that Orion -nevertheless nice to have- tool. :wink:

So Ive searched around and found tools like BFD, EZ Toon Drummer, Battery etc. But I think these VSTis are too expensive. Moreover, most of them require Windows 7 an I still use XP. Melda Production's MDrummer would run with XP and seems to reqiure not too much CPU power, but 250 Euros???

My current plan is using a good freeware sampler with wave files and midi loops.

To be more accurate I'm thinking of TX16WX:

http://www.tx16wx.com

I already have some wave samples like the ones from Orion, or the the Dimension Pro special offer I could grab some years ago. The plan is to build standard MIDI drumkits within TX16WX from scratch. It is also quite easy to route different samples to one of the 12 different outputs in TX16WX and apply different effects to different drums in the Orion Mixer. 8)

But since I'm no drummer, I'm very interested in MIDI drum pattern loops. I'd like to use them as they are or as template which I can manipulate on my own. The idea is that I learn how a good drum sequence looks like in a piano roll by doing this for a longer time. :wink: Furthermore, I think that a combination of wave drum(kit)s and MIDI loops should still be working with any software in the future.

So I'm looking for resources of drum MIDI loops now. It would be great if the data was somewhat organized, for example a folder or Zip file with the name of the beat, recommended bpm and some variation patterns and fills/breaks in the folder.

Any suggestions? :)
Intel Core2Duo E6400 - 4 GB ECC RAM - Fujitsu D2608 (X38) - ESI Maya 44 PCI+MI/ODI/O - NVidia Geforce GT610 - Windows XP SP3 - AKG K141 Monitor & K240 DF
rrttdd
Novice

Re: MIDI drum loop & drum sample resources? (TX16WX+Orion)

Postby Kriminal » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:59 am

Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Re: MIDI drum loop & drum sample resources? (TX16WX+Orion)

Postby bangerlab » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:01 am

Here you can find some best midi loops
bangerlab
Novice

Return to Tips'n'tricks