How to use Fabfilter Pro-C(SC)??

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

How to use Fabfilter Pro-C(SC)??

Postby badshah » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:33 am

How to use FabFilter Pro-C(SC) in Orion 8.0??
I am using it Studio One 2.0.7 and works it fine as a External SC.
plzz help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
badshah
Regular

Re: How to use Fabfilter Pro-C(SC)??

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:25 pm

I just installed the demo and it seems to be working here. I was prepared for my computer crash when I clicked the Ext button, but it kept working. I might mention that I'm on 8.5, not 8.0, so I'm kind of wondering why you won't update Orion. As for the error problem, maybe uninstalling and installing it again might help, I can't really help you with that.

As for how to use it, it's not that simple in Orion. From what I'm finding on various forums, only with VST3 version will you get a sicechain selection button, which Orion doesn't support at the moment. Orion uses VST2.4 still, for which you'll have to create groups. BUT, even that doesn't sound as good or easy as you might think.

Either I don't really know how to set the Stereo-SC to work, or it simply doesn't work, but from what I'm seeing you'll have to use the Mono-SC version. That one works in Orion, but the downside is that you only get a mono channel... it doesn't process stereo at all. Why? Because the stereo channel is being split into two mono channels for processing: Left as the destination sound, Right as the sidechain. I guess that would work for bass sound where you don't need spreading in the stereo field.

Anyhow, to set it do this:
1. Set your instrument and the sidechain channel to a Bus (an empty one you're not using).
2. Pan the instrument to the left
3. Pan the sidechain (for example, a kick sound) to the right.
4. Insert Mono-SC effect on the Bus channel's Insert slot.
5. Play.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:04 pm

You need to upgrade. External SC is new in 8.5
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby badshah » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:45 am

Yes. It works in Orion 8.5 but sound is not good. Threshold not good.
badshah
Regular

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:09 am

What's wrong with it?
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Solid Technica » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:30 am

Seems to be working fine here. Just insert the Pro C sidechain version on whatever channel, say a pad. Then select sidechain input with 8.5 version Orion, say from your high hat pattern with main turned off to mute in the mixer, unless you want to hear it play with the pattern. On pro-c selection expert setting to reach the sidechain options and tweak the settings untill you find something that works for you. From me i used the mid side option. turned up each r and l channel to max then select the frequency band around 1.1 to 20 khz and have midi enabled. Threshold to max and ratio to max. This creates a really fast release so you can create your own trance gate sidechain patterns activated via midi. You draw whatever pattern from the sidechain input..
Solid Technica
Regular

Return to Tips'n'tricks