Physical memory is getting low!

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Physical memory is getting low!

Postby Lord Childe » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:09 pm

For what it’s worth:

Playback rate set at 96khz.
At the loading a song with either Kompakt or Intakt the warning pops up (at any playback rate) … if I’ve 5 instances of these samplers in a song then I’ll get half a dozen warnings (maybe more depending on the number of samples each sampler has). And it doesn’t matter what size of samples they’re loaded with – a modest cymbal or a huge 60-piece string orchestra immediately brings up the same message before any loading actually starts. Just to be clear, this warning is not preventing me from loading samples.

Not sure if WAV files loaded as audio tracks are classed as samples (totalling around 600MB in one song), but they don’t bring up the message. Neither does the loading of a large 300MB WAV file into the Orion sampler.

Thanks for your input. As I’ve said, it’s more of an irritation than anything else.
Last edited by Lord Childe on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Childe
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Lord Childe wrote:For what it’s worth:
Playback rate set at 96khz.
At the loading a song with either Kontakt, Kompakt or Intakt the warning pops up (at any playback rate) …

Hmmmm seems more like an issue with the way these N.I. plugins interact with Orion since you can load large audio files directly into Orion but the error message pops up when loading even small samples into the NI plugins.......... :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Christophe » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:28 pm

i searched "Physical memory is getting low!" with google and i found a lot of problem in every daw with old version of intakt, kompakt and kontakt, so i suggest you to update your plug ins
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:59 pm

That's what I've found too, but wasn't sure if he was using any of those. I thought he was loading them as ATs or in Sampler/DrumRack. Definitely need to check for updates from the Service Center.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Lord Childe » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:30 pm

Brilliant! So damn easy when you know how. I updated from NI and no more warning messages.

Obviously there was some connection with NI samplers, but I didn't think they were the cause of the problem as I don't have an issue with them on my other computer.

Cheers
Lord Childe
Novice

Postby Christophe » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:12 pm

what about updating orion ?
7.62 is way better than orion 6 :
7.5 introduce a new engine with multiprocessor support and 7.61 is SSE3-capable processors are automatically detected and used
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:34 pm

He said he had rendering issues in V7.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Lord Childe » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:03 pm

That's right. I had problems rendering in Orion7 - certain samples are not accurately reproduced on my current machine. I was using 7 quite happily on my previous. Unfortunately songs edited in 7 crash when reopened in 6, so I had to go through the tedium of copying/pasting back into Orion 6.

Everything is now working perfectly (famous last words!), and I can focus on refining my stuff ready for a CD release without any more distractions.
Lord Childe
Novice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:50 pm

Lord Childe wrote:Unfortunately songs edited in 7 crash when reopened in 6, so I had to go through the tedium of copying/pasting back into Orion 6.

Yeah, there's been changes in the format, so Orion 6 doesn't recognize future version's formats (6->7->8). But they are backward compatible (8->7->6).
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby suneel » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:41 am

Teksonik wrote:
suneel wrote:to get rid of your problem you need to enable page file as i already indicated.

HYPNAGOGIA wrote:Pagefile turned off, by any chance?

Lord Childe wrote:No, it's not.
strange...i read the first post and thought saw something about page file being turned off....well good to know its resolved.
suneel
Guru

Previous

Return to Tips'n'tricks