[DUNE2] I don't understand this, help me out!

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

[DUNE2] I don't understand this, help me out!

Postby Grunwaldt » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:31 pm

Hi guys, I've just purchased Dune2 a few days ago and I have a question about the first patch of the demo bank, maybe same thing happens for other patches, I'm just beginning to explore the synth, which sounds pretty good!

In the demo bank's "001: Avalon Light RH", the ARP-ed notes sound with a higher filter cutoff point depending on velocity played on my MIDI keyboard and I don't understand why, it would have been set like that on the MOD MATRIX but velocity isn't used as source for anything, why does Dune2 do that? What am I missing? Where does that velocity sensivity come from? how do I control it? (I know how to use the MOD MATRIX, I'm not asking that!)

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Sergi
Grunwaldt
Novice

Re: [DUNE2] I don't understand this, help me out!

Postby Yorrrrrr » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:52 am

Take a look at the velocity settings on the 'settings' tab. For that patch, there's +25% on the filter cutoff. You could do the same on the mod matrix too, but Synapse cleverly put some usual velocity routings, which are used very often, in a quick and easy velocity settings tab, and it even saves some modulation slots on the matrix.

Hope that helps.
Yorrrrrr
Regular

Re: [DUNE2] I don't understand this, help me out!

Postby Grunwaldt » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:54 am

I get it, 100% clarified, thanks a lot Yorrrrrr!
Grunwaldt
Novice

Return to Tips'n'tricks