how to re-create this Bass patch for Dune 2?

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: how to re-create this Bass patch for Dune 2?

Postby Oberheim » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:58 pm

Ok, i make mistake with sawtooths, maybe. I think i am close with my patch, what only i need is proper EQ now only and it will be the same or very close :) i think

FBX patch

In this sound example you can hear first sylenth (i download the mp3 from first post), then Dune 2, etc..
mp3

PS: the big diference is with unison voices and reset phase. Then i must add one voice with non reset phase because dune2 reset is more agressive then sylenth, for me.
Last edited by Oberheim on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oberheim
Novice

Postby Kriminal » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:01 pm

Try this as a starting point (havent tried other examples so it may be better /worse)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Christophe » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:21 pm

Oberheim wrote:Ok, i make mistake with sawtooths, maybe. I think i am close with my patch, what only i need is proper EQ now only and it will be the same or very close :) i think

FBX patch

In this sound example you can hear first sylenth (i download the mp3 from first post), then Dune 2, etc..
mp3

PS: the big diference is with unison voices and reset phase. Then i must add one voice with non reset phase because dune2 reset is more agressive then sylenth, for me.

you forgot to include the wavetable SAWS1 :(
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby Oberheim » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:11 pm

Oh, i am sorry. This patch dont need the wavetables, because i use VA saw. But for experiments i have it in inactive voices. I reupload in my post or from this
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9nmusfd59h12 ... 0.fxp?dl=0

and, if you are interest about saws wavetable i make, you can try. It is from Zeta+ saws and SynthMaster. But are not the 100% same because AudioTerm make not accurate waves.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0aabzjxogonoar0/SAWS1.WT?dl=0
Oberheim
Novice

Postby Terminal Man » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:37 pm

Caine wrote:p.s.
is there some video, page etc. where i can learn the reactions of filters so i can also understand when ppl discuss dune 2 vs. sylenth1 vs. spire vs......?

I tried Spire sounds a bit warmer
Terminal Man
Novice

Previous

Return to Tips'n'tricks