How to create haas effect via dune 2?

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

How to create haas effect via dune 2?

Postby Solid Technica » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:10 am

Any tips on how to acheive this simple trick in dune 2? I just want to offset either the right or left channel by 10-40ms. :D
Solid Technica
Regular

Re: How to create haas effect via dune 2?

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:51 am

Wouldn't that be something you can do in a host, regardless of what instrument you use?
Natively, I don't think Dune2 has that option.

Unless you want to do it by doubling the instrument, panning each to opposite sides, cloning notes, and then moving notes of one instance just slightly, Orion actually has a better way to do it:

1. Insert an instrument
2. Insert Stereo FX container on an Insert slot
3. Insert Unit Delay on either left or right slot
4. Set desired delay in ms
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:19 am

The Häagen-Dazs effect...
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Solid Technica » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:21 am

HYPNAGOGIA wrote:Wouldn't that be something you can do in a host, regardless of what instrument you use?
Natively, I don't think Dune2 has that option.

Unless you want to do it by doubling the instrument, panning each to opposite sides, cloning notes, and then moving notes of one instance just slightly, Orion actually has a better way to do it:

1. Insert an instrument
2. Insert Stereo FX container on an Insert slot
3. Insert Unit Delay on either left or right slot
4. Set desired delay in ms

Indeed, I use the free plugin haas fx to do that :lol: I was just curious since its quite a simple trick that can yield a nice effect for some things. It'd be nice if it can be done witin the plugin though, was hoping there were some clever workarounds or something. Maybe that trick using one of dunes fx? Will see if chorus, phaser or the delay can do something like it.
Solid Technica
Regular

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:50 pm

Just use one of the delays at the start of your signal chain. Turn sync off, change L-rate to 1ms and R-rate to 10-20ms. All other controls set to minimum except width and dry/wet which should be at maximum. Experiment with R-rate to taste.

A better Haas effect would have a low pass filter on the delay channel that is longer, in the case I suggest that would be the right channel. In this case you would have to use FX1 and FX2 to achieve that effect. It should be easy enough to work out :)
Mark

Return to Tips'n'tricks