Dune saving prests

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune saving prests

Postby rastoutou » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:27 pm

hello there,

i have this trouble : Using Digital performer 8, when I save a personal, homemade preset, and then try to reload it, I lose 1 or 2 banks...
and the preset I saved doesn't comme back. it seems its file gets corrupted or is invalid.
Did you come across this trouble ?
Thanks
Mike
rastoutou
Novice

Re: Dune saving prests

Postby Richard » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:22 pm

Do you mean Dune 1 or Dune 2? Also which platform, Mac or PC?

Note that the most common reason for save not to work is that the demo version is installed (which does not save).
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby rastoutou » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Hello Richard,

Thanks very much for your answer. Sorry for replying late, I was away for a fortnight and could not use Dune.

So, I use Dune 1 Audiounit on a MacPro, with Digital Performer 8. My system still is 10.6.8. 32 bits.
I keep it because there are some plug ins Which cost me a lot, and I do not wish to lose !
It's true that I had a demo version of Dune which I used from time to time using the factory presets.
So I searched for everything DUNE in my Mac and erased all I found.
Then I reloaded from Synapse Audio Dune 1 version 1.4, got the authorization right... and it is still the same: Presets and Banks alike.
If I modify 1 preset, give it a new name, save it and try to reload it: 1 of the banks disappears. same if I save with D Performer saving procedure. 1 of the 3 banks goes. I have only the numbers, no names and lose most of the parameters.
I suppose there is 1 file I did not, or could not delete and it messes things up. :roll: Probably hidden somewhere.
I imagine for some reason, I'm still with a demo version.
I did not manage to actually uninstall. Dune does not appear in the applications list, which is normal, since it is a plug in.
I am worried, because I bought the complete version precisely to be able to save my sounds and presets !
I also tried the re-examine function for the AudioUnit plug ins, everything is OK.

Sorry for this mess !
I wish you a happy Christams, Richard, and all the best to you and your family.
Mike
rastoutou
Novice

Postby Richard » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:25 pm

rastoutou wrote:Then I reloaded from Synapse Audio Dune 1 version 1.4, got the authorization right...

From where exactly? Please note the public version is the demo version, the full version is available in your account:
https://www.synapse-audio.com/support.html

Note that you can click on the DUNE logo in the bottom-middle of the interface. If it reads "Demo" there, then you still have the demo version installed. If not, then I presume it is some issue with Digital Performer we must look into.

And merry christmas to you as well! :xmas:
Richard
Synapse Audio

Return to Tips'n'tricks