Access Virus Snow and few problems. Orion 8.6

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Access Virus Snow and few problems. Orion 8.6

Postby fea » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:46 pm

So i got virus snow in my hands but having few problems.
It sounds fantastic on its own but when trying to play it with other synths its not in sync. It starts playing like 1/16th note later. Anyone know how to fix this?
Other problem is that sometimes when I open Orion and Snow theres no sound coming out. When programming some midi notes, virus vst shows that something is happening (theres this volume bar) but orion doesnt show anything in mixer channel. Sometimes unplugging virus helps. ?
I dont have any other daws atm to try if theres this problem and virus manual doesnt realy support Orion. And I realy would like to use this little beast within orion.
Im running Virus now thru usb. Dont have midi cables.
eV3r sE3n fIr3 in Zer0 gr4viTy
fea
Novice

Re: Access Virus Snow and few problems. Orion 8.6

Postby ufo » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Start each sequence track a bar or two in this will give the sequencer and the virus a bit of time to get their timing together.

Seq sends clock and the virus will get it and count it in, then when the midi data starts streaming from each seq track the virus is already in time.

Peace
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

Postby fea » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Sadly didnt work..
fea
Novice

Postby ThehakkeMadman » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:16 pm

That issue with the 1/16th note playing ahead only appears when using the analog outputs, through USB it all is in sync.
So I often tried to manually set latencies through Unit Delay, but sadly the Virus really doesn't like that. Sometimes it stays in sync for a few minutes but then it always shows "out of sync" so you'll have to restart Orion.
Best workaround (afaik) is you work with the USB connection and later, when you want to record, you can use the analog outputs (since they are better sounding than USB).
The Virus itself has the audio interface feature, but I use it with another audio interface. But still the USB audio stream is in some kind of way like audio from another audio interface, many owners of the Viruses still got crackling sound because the audio clock has problems. Other problem is, the Virus itself does plugin delay compensation, but there's no way to manage that pdc, nor can you even see what is happening there :(
I still love my Virus Ti2, but from what I've learned in the past years, the Total Integration is NOT total :(( check out the Access forum, you'll find help there but you'll need some time to get into it all.
btw you can't use any midi features when using Virus Control VST, so no midi cables needed for you ;)
"I need more details."
ThehakkeMadman
Regular

Postby fea » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:12 pm

My virus is playing 1/16th or little less late. I was thinking to control virus with midi and forget vst and mayby try this one out https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/pr ... n-plug-in/
I dont have any problems in Ableton Live.
fea
Novice

Return to Tips'n'tricks