Suggestion for good EQ

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Suggestion for good EQ

Postby Suonoecomputer » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:43 pm

In fact I didn't write that we use only hardware ... I wrote that we also use hardware ... And anyway I don't think that only with a computer and software can we get a professional sound like in a studio ... Anyway .. I did a little fast video ... Thanks for the tip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i68tTr-eohc&feature=youtu.be
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:41 pm

I know two mastering engineers who work only with software.
Graham Cochrane from "The Recording Revolution" mixes software with hardware for his mixing and mastering, but not because he has to. In fact, he teaches that you don't need hardware at all, that it's just a bonus.
Ian Shepherd (Production Advice, Mastering Media) also uses software. Not sure what he uses in his mastering studios, but what he shows in his videos are all software.

"Professional sound" doesn't have a definition for what it is.
Best you can describe it as "sound of good quality", and be assured, you do not need hardware for that.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:55 am

Suonoecomputer wrote:I don't think that only with a computer and software can we get a professional sound like in a studio

you absolutely can, but use whatever works for you :)
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby bones » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:56 pm

Suonoecomputer wrote:A yes sorry, i mean that of the mixer channels yes.

Completely obvious, I'd have thought. Which other hosts are you using? I find the channel strip stuff in Cubase a more than adequate substitute for Orion's EQ. Overall, the whole concept of the channel strip annoys the hell out of me but once you submit to the annoyance, it's actually quite powerful.

Ultimately you just have to accept that you'll never be able to get the same overview of a project that Orion gives you via its mixer and move on. It's a bit of a mind-fuck but that's the reality of the situation.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:12 am

He asked for recommendation on a Plugin not a Daw. Completely obvious, I'd have thought.

Suonoecomputer wrote:I'm looking for something similar to try on other DAWs to. Do any of you know which independent EQ plugin comes closer to the Orion EQ?
Teksonik
Godlike

Previous

Return to Tips'n'tricks