Antidote Patch in Dune 3 question

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Antidote Patch in Dune 3 question

Postby Speedball » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:44 am

Hi there,

first post here. Loved the Antidote RE, had Dune2 and upgraded to Dune 3 as soon as possible.

As i no longer work with Reason itself (only as VST) i recently tried to recreate some of my favourite Antidote presets in DUNE 3.

The thing is:

I have a patch in Antidote in which the Modulation Envelope plays an important role. It modulates the pitch, positive Attack, Sustain keeps the Pitch and as soon as i release the Note, the release time of the modulation Envelope brings the pitch back down to the beginning level.

As you might have guessed the patch is called OCTAVER RH in Antidote.

So, in DUNE 3, we dont have an Modulation Envelope. What we have is several MSEGs. This is in general a great thing, but with this specific patch i have a problem, as the MSEG is just timebased, which means, i don`t have a specific SUSTAIN level that holds the level as long as i keep pressing the key/note.

So the problem with my OCTAVER RE patch is, that i cannot tell the MSEG to bring the pitch back down when i release the key. I can only tell the envelope to hold the sustain level for a certain amount of time and after this period the pitch will drop.

Any ideas ?

Kind Regards
Markus
Speedball
Novice

Re: Antidote Patch in Dune 3 question

Postby Richard » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:52 am

There is several ways you could do this in Dune 3. One would be to use the Filter or Amp envelope for this purpose, a more flexible way would be to use a dedicated MSEG. By setting a MSEG to "Note Off" mode, you can do all sorts of crazy stuff whenever a key is released :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Re: Antidote Patch in Dune 3 question

Postby Speedball » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:53 pm

In this Patch, i think Amp or Filt Env will not work for this, because they do other things already. To achieve exact pitch values (octave in this case), you will need an independent modulator.

But this idea with Note off is new to me and sounds very promising, i will def. check this out tonight.

Danke Richard.

Rgds
Markus
Speedball
Novice

Return to Tips'n'tricks