How to change the init patch of Dune?

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

How to change the init patch of Dune?

Postby pier » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:57 pm

Hi all!

I would like to update the init patch in Dune. Is there a way to do that?

For example, I find it a bit annoying that edit ALL voices is selected by default instead of 1. When I want to edit voice 2 or 3 there are already all the settings I made for voice 1, and I'd prefer it if those were blank, so to speak. AFAIK there isn't an option to reset or init a single voice either.
pier
Novice

Re: How to change the init patch of Dune?

Postby Teksonik » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:00 pm

Just make your own INIT patches. They'll only be a couple more mouse clicks away if that. Put them in a folder called 00-INIT Patches and they 'll be at the top.

Even with the current INIT patch changing from All to Voice 1 (or any other voice) is a single mouse click. :wink:

D3 090321-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby pier » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:47 pm

Teksonik wrote:Just make your own INIT patches. They'll only be a couple more mouse clicks away if that. Put them in a folder called 00-INIT Patches and they 'll be at the top.

That's a good idea, thanks.

Teksonik wrote:Even with the current INIT patch changing from All to Voice 1 (or any other voice) is a single mouse click. :wink:

Yeah but you have to remember!
pier
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:20 pm

Seriously? Remembering to click off of All is that much of a task? :?

If Synapse changes the INIT patch to please you then they'll just upset someone else. There's no way one INIT patch will please everyone and one INIT patch will never cover every type of patch you can make with DUNE 3.

What if you want to make a patch using Wavetables? Or the FM Oscs? Or the Sample Oscs? Or any combination of them?

Like I said your custom INIT patches can be just an extra mouse click away and you can have several of them for different types of patches.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby pier » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:03 am

Teksonik wrote:If Synapse changes the INIT patch to please you then they'll just upset someone else. There's no way one INIT patch will please everyone and one INIT patch will never cover every type of patch you can make with DUNE 3.

Well yeah obviously...

I wasn't asking Synapse to change the init patch on all Dune installation. I was asking if there was a way I could change it on my machine. I thought maybe it was a file in some folder I could change.
pier
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:40 am

pier wrote: I thought maybe it was a file in some folder I could change.

As I explained you have the ability to create as many INIT patches as you want that will be "a file in some folder".

If you do it the way I showed then it is the same number of mouse clicks if you have a single custom INIT patch in your folder and only two more clicks if you have multiple INIT patches. It does not get much simpler than that. :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby pat2rome » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:11 pm

With Aurturia Pigments, they had their "init" patch saved as an actual preset, just in a different location than the user presets. So my solution there was to make the "init" patch I wanted, save it with the save filename, then moved it to the right spot with Windows Explorer.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear Dune handles the "init" patch this way. I know certain things, like the MIDI for the factory arpeggio patches, are baked into the synth itself, and that appears to be the case here. For future reference, Synapse, letting users choose the startup state is a wonderful thing!
pat2rome
Novice

Return to Tips'n'tricks