Dune 3 Arp - loading own midi

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune 3 Arp - loading own midi

Postby indianabones007 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:42 pm

HI, just new to Dune and synths really as well. This is my favourite so far. I noticed playing about, that the first arp preset works with a midi file and would like to create my own. I have some ostinato midi files that I purchased and dragged these into the Dune midi folder and they work but when I tried to create a midi file and export (using cubase 11.5 pro), it won't recognise it, is there something else I need to do? such a great feature if I can get it to work..thanks in advance
indianabones007
Novice

Re: Dune 3 Arp - loading own midi

Postby Teksonik » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:41 am

Welcome to the DUNE family. :)

I don't own Cubase so can't help with that but I believe you want to save your Midi Files as Type 0.

"Standard MIDI Files come in two basic varieties: a Type 1 file, and a Type 0 file. In a Type 1 file individual parts are saved on different tracks within the sequence. In a Type 0 file everything is merged into a single track".

From the DUNE 3 manual:

The Midi mode allows to use standard MIDI files as a basis. The files should contain only a single
track, and they should be monophonic. An exception is when the "Playback" mode is chosen,
in this mode polyphonic MIDI files can be played back too.

This link from Steinberg should help. It mentions "Export as Type 0" so give it a read and see if that works.

https://steinberg.help/cubase_ai_le_ele ... ing_r.html
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby indianabones007 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:34 am

Hi Thanks for getting back to me. That’s great, I’ve checked out Cubase manual on exporting and everything is as it should be I think, type 0 etc.

I just found a video where the guy shows you how to load your own midi file. I was going through presets so I will try the other way tonight.

Be great to get this feature working for me, I got so excited when I realised what was happening and what I can do lol.

Many thanks
indianabones007
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:24 pm

Loading a Midi file is really easy. :)

Under Type just select Midi:

D3 022222-1.png

Under Preset select Load Midi file.

D3 022222-2.png

Boom you're done...... 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby indianabones007 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:49 pm

Thanks Teksonik, got it working! yeah, its easy once I found that load file section! Awesome..cheers
indianabones007
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:29 am

Cool! I'm glad you got it working...... :D
Teksonik
Godlike

Return to Tips'n'tricks