[HELP] Unable To Launch Dune 3 on Windows 10 PC!

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

[HELP] Unable To Launch Dune 3 on Windows 10 PC!

Postby GerhardMurazik » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:59 pm

Hello everyone. When I tried to launch Dune 3 after installing it successfully on my Windows 10 PC, it gave me an error message indicating that a DLL file (VCRUNTIME140.dll) was missing. Is there anyone who can explain why I am having this problem? What can I do to fix this strange problem? I would appreciate any help you can provide me on this topic. Thanks in advance.
GerhardMurazik
Novice

Re: [HELP] Unable To Launch Dune 3 on Windows 10 PC!

Postby Christophe » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:29 pm

You need to install this Microsoft runtime libraries:
https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/downloa ... x?id=48145
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Re: [HELP] Unable To Launch Dune 3 on Windows 10 PC!

Postby GerhardMurazik » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:25 pm

Sorry, for the late reply. After posting here about this issue I started searching for a solution and found this guide. And coincidentally, it also suggested the file to install on my system. After installing it, I relaunched Dune 3, and that time it did not give any errors. Thanks again for the prompt reply. What an awesome community. I am so impressed with this community.
GerhardMurazik
Novice

Return to Tips'n'tricks