Thoughts of an Absolute DUNE3 Noob...

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Thoughts of an Absolute DUNE3 Noob...

Postby warpcanada » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:39 pm

What I'm loving about DUNE3 is that its in some kind of magic place where

* Getting started is easy
* Going deeper is easy
* Doing nuts things is easy.
* It's hard to get lost and confused.

At least for me, compared to learning MASSIVE, PIGMENTS (which I love btw), or DIVA, learning DUNE3 is easy and fun and almost everything I try does something cool, even if it's not what I first wanted.

SYNAPSE's own youtube channel has some great sound design stuff, including this.. AMAZING video by DEMIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkQfqj04yyA

Day 2 of making stuff and the MSEG is my favorite feature, along with the sheer excellent core sound of the oscillators, which are lovely.
warpcanada
Novice

Re: Thoughts of an Absolute DUNE3 Noob...

Postby Richard » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:54 am

Thank you for your kind comments, and welcome to the forum! :) :music:
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby elijahnelson » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:12 am

This is a truly wonderful synth. I was going to buy pigments but this is just so easy to use and sounds warm and thick. It reminds me of a software version of the Virus Ti and I think after playing with Dune 3 that there has been some inspiration from the Ti (and why not!)mapquest
elijahnelson
Novice

Postby warpcanada » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:59 am

Well don't me let anyone get talked out of buying pigments (v5 just dropped) but....

Dune3 has continued to delight me over the last six months. Wish I'd learned about it years ago.

Just noticed the 3.6 update is a solid upgrade from 3.55, just downloading it now.

I guess I could say Dune3 has a pleasant musical (warm?) character, without a lot of the harshness that a lot of wavetable synths seem to have. A lot of that is down to the tasteful baked in preset FX, and the FX on Dune3 are quite awesome. But even without effects, Dune3 oscillators sound fantastic.
warpcanada
Novice

Return to Tips'n'tricks