Emulate analog behavior with Dune3

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Emulate analog behavior with Dune3

Postby salpahsy » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:33 am

I was wondering if someone could provide me with any advice on how to simulate analog behavior in Dune3 such as oscillator drift and random keytracking, similar to what is seen in the Legend.

In most cases, I modify the oscillator fine pitch by using a slow LFO in polymode that is equipped with S&G. Generally speaking, it sounds better with chords if the offset is set off center. I'm not sure what the offset is, but it's generally off center.

Although it is possible to detune and disperse the different voices inside a chord in the Legend, I am not certain whether this is something that can be done with Dune3.
salpahsy
Novice

Re: Emulate analog behavior with Dune3

Postby zerocrossing » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:26 pm

Analog oscillators don't really "drift" once they come up to temperature, unless you're in some sort of wild environment where the temperature is wildly fluctuating. What is common is that each voice card is slightly off due to differences in components and calibrations. If you want to use Dune 3 to get this effect (it's totally possible), just read this website and apply what you learn on Dune.

https://www.voicecomponentmodeling.com/

Using the voice parameters in the mod matrix is especially useful. The parameters I find most useful to modulate are pitch, cutoff, resonance and filter and amp envelope adsr values.
zerocrossing
Novice

Return to Tips'n'tricks