multi midi channel with Kontakt

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Postby music4ursoul » Sun May 10, 2009 4:05 am

i cant get to work for me it want show up in my vst list
Music4ursoul
music4ursoul
Novice

Postby Ade » Sun May 10, 2009 8:17 am

HYPNAGOGIA wrote:Let's say you want to use 8 MIDI channels of a multi-channel instrument. You go to the playlist, right click on the instrument and select in the Expand Track the number of channels you want to work with (in this case 8, where 10 is maximum). Then you can use each bank (A to H) for each channel. Like, A1-A8 for 1st, B1-B8 for 2nd, and so on. Then you can lay those patterns in the Playlist and they play simultaneously

This doesn't work in StylusRMX or Guru. I wish it did..
I do hope this is put right in Orion8. :)
Ade
Novice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sun May 10, 2009 4:56 pm

It's already in Orion, since it works (Edirol OrchestralVST for one I know works like that). I guess it would depend on the VST.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby draft_730 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:15 am

HYPNAGOGIA wrote:So, that would be like having a purely MIDI generator, like the one that doesn't generate any sound but just sends MIDI notes, and can be assigned to any generator and any MIDI channel of a selected generator? Of course, I presume that non multi-channel instruments would use traditional pattern mode as they do now.

Thats the best way to solve this.
just expand the'recive midi from' menu, so that we can select midi generators for each channel of a multitimbral VST

i've postetd this whish long ago and still would love to see it
draft_730
Regular

Return to Tips'n'tricks