setting up a band

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

setting up a band

Postby uncadave » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:41 am

i don't know exactly how to ask this short, so it may be long. say i have a song set up with all the instruments and effects in their spots and i dig it like it is. how do i just in one fell swoop erase all the patterns so that i have a clean slate for another song using all the same stuff. you know, like the same band playing a different song. do-able?
your freedom is directly proportional to your disposable income.
uncadave
Novice

setting up a band

Postby Eklectro » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:24 am

you can go to the playlist, erase all patern with the ctrl+select.
It wont reset patterns, neither vst/mixer/module events i think...

what you can doo is to start your song after the previous one in th e playlist...
In Orion 8, I think that templates will help a lot to what you whant to do.
Orion 8, Live 8Le, Cubase 4 LE, Cantana, APC40, UC16, Fostex PM1MKII, Q9550, 4G0, 1,5T, 22"+15"

http://soundcloud.com/eklectro/i-like-xylo-29-03-2011
Eklectro
Apprentice

setting up a band

Postby uncadave » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:57 pm

i figure what i'l do is go thru the particular song i'm digging for a band and manually clear everything and save it as the band name and then when i compose on it i'll resave as a song so that i always have tyhe band waiting. not that big of a deal. i was just wondering if i was missing something simple. thanks for the feedback! ;)
your freedom is directly proportional to your disposable income.
uncadave
Novice

setting up a band

Postby Dungeon Studio » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:02 pm

Isn't CTRL+Z the ultimate killer? I know CTRL+X will kill a particular pattern on a given generator. But I thought someone advised never to hit CTRL+Z? But that maybe just the thing you're looking for Uncadave?

Krim had a really good list of all the hot keys around this site. Should be a locked 'sticky' right at the top here IMHO. ;)
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

setting up a band

Postby bones » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:42 pm

CTRL+Z is undo, probably my most used hotkey combo. uncadave, your own solution is the way to go With V8, you may be able to improve upon it slightly using templates.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

setting up a band

Postby Dungeon Studio » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:01 am

But isn't there a hotkey combo that eradicates ALL generator patterns in one swoop Bones? Or is it just CTRL+X for each and all?
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

setting up a band

Postby bones » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:21 am

CTRL+SHIFT+C copies them all, so I suppose CTRL+SHIFT+X might cut them, but you can paste them back again if you do it by accident.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

setting up a band

Postby Dungeon Studio » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:48 pm

Maybe that was it? Somewhere I made the suggestion of CTRL+SHIFT+??? for something, and a member said 'Oh no, you wouldn't want that - that combo kills everything!'
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Return to Tips'n'tricks