My latest tutorial

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

My latest tutorial

Postby ECdj79 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:52 am

This is my tutorial n°4 of Orion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EhQHTOAaI4
Last edited by ECdj79 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ECdj79

My latest tutorial

Postby Dungeon Studio » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:13 pm

Very good! Though I don't know a lick of italian. But easy to follow and see. What type of speech synthesizer are you using/ It sounds good, but maybe needs to be slowed down a little? (And I'm not making fun of how italians talk either - just that some words seem really compressed to one another. ;) )
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

My latest tutorial

Postby ECdj79 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:27 pm

Thank you! The voice explains that it is artificial and is part of those Loquendo ... Unfortunately, it still has some speech impediment and the tone does not remain sufficiently "clean" as frequency ... The tutorial shows the main screens, and the various functions and parameters of Orion. I always still very hard to translate because unfortunately I do not know English, and Italian there is little or almost nothing out the commands in this sequencer ... So I always go with great caution in explaining the functions because I would not say the wrong things ...
ECdj79

My latest tutorial

Postby suecae_sounds » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Ottimo lavoro!

I think initiatives such as these are simply great. They help people who do not speak English, and can contribute to people who only speak Italian to see the benefit of Orion - in stead of say: Cubase.
suecae_sounds
Apprentice

My latest tutorial

Postby suecae_sounds » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:04 am

PS. I wrote a small ditty for Orion Reloaded about this. :)
suecae_sounds
Apprentice

My latest tutorial

Postby Dungeon Studio » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:27 am

It sounds impressive ECdj, but just in a few areas it sounds faulty. But it's tone and accent seems pretty good to me. Then again a English speech synthesizer I don't like, you may say sounds pretty good too. Loquendo, I'll check it out. ;)

Also to point out, it's pretty easy to add these explanatory 'bubbles' on YouTube as well. Be it very short english or italian descriptions. And allows you to point them at specific points and times on screen. Something you may also wish to consider. But by then, Google will have a Speech Translator we can all just click on, and select Pierce Brosnan - 'Good day to you, and welcome to OP'... Martha Stewart - 'I scatter a little nutmeg round my OP, and that's a good thing.'... Britney Spears - 'Hey y'all, like this OP is like awesome. Where's my baby?'... G.W. Bush - 'So you like play it once on OP, shame on me. Play it twice.... Twice played is like...Well, I'm not about to do that if you follow me.' That will be the end of the future right there. :rofl:
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

My latest tutorial

Postby suecae_sounds » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:19 am

Haha. You crack me up Steven!!!

That will indeed be the day when the music dies (and the scattered remains are snorted by the best noses in the industry).
suecae_sounds
Apprentice

My latest tutorial

Postby Dungeon Studio » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Google's Translator is helpful indeed when it comes to foreign web pages. But in a way it's sad in that I'm not picking up on German and French et al like I used to. One comes at a cost of another. But I think ECdj's english is great here, and everyone else's FTM. And even that in itself is kinda sad in a way. All these people from around the world making music on OP, and I haven't heard any vocals in French or Italian or Chinese.... Whatever Bones sings in, and my rare wimpy voice, and that's about it. Even if a user in Kookamunga uses a vocal sample, 100 to 1 it's going to be in english.

And here us North Americans were thinking the Japanese were taking over New York and muslim's were going to overpower catholics. :rofl:
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

My latest tutorial

Postby blacker » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:14 pm

ECdj79
,guy , did u forget we can't view on youtube in china?

give me your vedio ,let me check it~
:)
I'm blacker,tibetan blacker.
www.degesound.com
blacker
Regular

Return to Tips'n'tricks