Industrial Rocks Synths/Samples

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Postby zarathustra » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:27 am

I know, I'm always asking "how do I get this sound?". Right now I'm trying to get anything even remotely close to trent Reznor's (Nine Inch Nails) somewhat highpitch fuzz sound. Do you know what I'm talking about? Like that swarming sound in Closer and the pre-chorus of Only. And does anybody know what's making the intro pattern of God Given?
zarathustra
Novice

Postby ufo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:14 am

He uses Access Virus no?
Prolly lots of LFO pitch mod.
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

Postby suecae_sounds » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:16 am

You might want to check out the sound design section of http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/ if you don't come to a sufficient sollution from the answers here. :)
Last edited by suecae_sounds on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
suecae_sounds
Apprentice

Postby Dungeon Studio » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:04 pm

Yeah, Trent's pretty damn good with the production IMHO. My best advice is to play around with Noise on a synth like Wasp, slightly mix in some saw waves and get messing with Band Pass or High Pass filters. And lord knows what's in his aresenal these days. I knew he was a BIG Novation fan at one point. Downward Spiral is pretty good, but Further Down The Spiral is like the Mystery Tour. He does some tricks in it that still put me in awe. ;)
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Postby suneel » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:59 pm

zarathustra wrote:does anybody know what's making the intro pattern of God Given?
are you referring to the intro sounds here? Quality is fuzzy. If yes, then you can get those sounds from synapse audio wasp, sylenth1, Ultra Analog VA-1, gladiator...and many more. after you tweak a preset you add distortion like synapse (analogue/tube distortion). also check out Pultronic EQ-110P vacuum tube eq.
Last edited by suneel on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suneel
Guru

Return to Tips'n'tricks