Madality "Free"

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Madality "Free"

Postby Teksonik » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:18 am

Synthetic Sensations wrote:Oh, ok... Hmmmm... FL Studio is bloated.

Agreed, FL is bloated but not by Pattern/Song as your post inferred, Fruity Chan is the textbook definition of Bloat.
Teksonik
Godlike

Madality "Free"

Postby Synthetic Sensations » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:00 am

Indeed. Apologies to those who thought I was suggesting Orion is bloated due its 'Pattern / Song' mode interface.
Synthetic Sensations
Regular

Madality "Free"

Postby Richard » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:05 am

Dungeon Studio wrote:Ahh, so it's PPQ setting then? I believe I have it on a pretty high setting recently (780?). But I've seen it happen on just exporting a .MID from OP and a simple synth - say Wasp. Using PB sparingly and Mod controls. When I import the .MID to say Ultran, that PB especially is all over the place, and other CC controls have these spikes and things in them. Certainly not at all the way they were initially on Wasp. It should be replicatable by all.

Unless we can 'Select All' in EVT and can paste it verbatim to another VST's EVT area of same or different CC in OP8? But even then, I'd still be confused why the .MID aspect would be so erratic and unreliable?

Copy/paste CC works fine if you're using VSTs in MIDI CC mode. Copying PB/Modwheel/Sustain etc. also works here, both internal+VST. So it's probably only the MIDI export which has issues with certain CCs. Out of curiosity, what are you using MIDI export for?

EDIT: Never mind, I fixed the MIDI PitchBend export issue. :)

Note that PB Range can vary between instruments, it's not an absolute value. So be sure to match the PB range of source and destination instrument.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Madality "Free"

Postby Dungeon Studio » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:36 pm

So when you say copy/paste - this is OP8 you're speaking of Rich?
As 7.62 can't do that - unless I totally missed something all this time?
Hence why I would use Export in order to transfer CC EVT's to another generator currently. (Plus I still use good ol' floppy's and .MID sequencers on occasion. ;) )

But good to know PB is fixed now. And yes, well aware of PB ranges and limitations amongst gear. Some go -/+8000, some go 7000, others could be 6999, etc. But still should be a somewhat smooth interpetation in OP - maybe not all the way up or down is all, depending on the gear it's coming from.
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Madality "Free"

Postby Richard » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:40 am

Dungeon Studio wrote:So when you say copy/paste - this is OP8 you're speaking of Rich?
As 7.62 can't do that - unless I totally missed something all this time?
Hence why I would use Export in order to transfer CC EVT's to another generator currently. (Plus I still use good ol' floppy's and .MID sequencers on occasion. ;) ).

Works perfectly fine in 7.6 too. Just be careful with mixing VST and internal generators as the PB range is different. Other than that you can transfer any CC between VSTs and additionally the dedicated Modwheel, Aftertouch, Sustain, Sustenuto etc. controllers between any two instruments. :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Madality "Free"

Postby Dungeon Studio » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:54 pm

Really? Don't have my trusty OP handy, but could've sworn all that was available by right clicking on EVT was Scale, LFO Tool, Delete? Don't tell me Copy/Paste was there all this time too.

Oh oh. :shame:
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Madality "Free"

Postby Christophe » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:35 pm

no Steven, Richard is referring to copy option where you can specify :"all recorded events"
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Madality "Free"

Postby Dungeon Studio » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:50 pm

Oh okay, thanks CC. That option for me has always been 'iffy' at best. And especially if it's a multitimbral synth like Purity or Edirol's Orchestra. So hence again why I'd be still stuck with using MIDI import/export in cases where I'd want to copy channel 1 events to 2 and what not. The biggest bane of me for really going to town with OP.
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Madality "Free"

Postby ECdj79 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:21 pm

Ok thank you Richard
ECdj79

Previous

Return to Tips'n'tricks